Registry Search App Needed

HoppaLong

Many apps created for early versions of Windows continue to function normally, even with the
latest Windows systems.  I'm always surprised when "stone age" apps keep puttering along with
no problems!

I continue to use my favorite search app called MicroPlanet Registry Studio.  See attached jpeg.
As far as I can tell, there was only one version.  It was never updated.  It's simple and completely
intuitive.  Just type anything into the search box.  Select an item from the resultant list and the
Registry instantly opens to that Key or Value.

How many authors have created Registry search apps?  A million or two, at least.   Can someone
recommend an app similar to the old Registry Studio?

MicroPlanet Registry Studio.jpg

I don't get it, if it works for you, why you don't just use that?

However there is (was) a freeware version of Registrar Lite, version 2.00 which is (was) probably the most similar to the one you posted about (actually IMHO "better").

It can still be found via Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20050706043434/http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

I have no idea if it works (never tested it) on later OS than XP.

There are new versions (latest is on its home page) :
http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

currently 8.01, but for some reasons (which I cannot remember) I never upgraded.

Try them and see if they fit the bill.

jaclaz

I'm sure you've seen those classic Warner Bros. cartoons created by the brilliant Chuck Jones.
I remember a Jones cartoon that showed a firing squad in a circle.  Naturally, they shoot each other!

jaclaz, I'm guilty of using circular logic, like the cartoon.   I'm describing how much I like an old
app that's still working, while almost asking for a newer version that doesn't exist.

Sorry for my dumb post.

7 hours ago, HoppaLong said:

I'm sure you've seen those classic Warner Bros. cartoons created by the brilliant Chuck Jones.
I remember a Jones cartoon that showed a firing squad in a circle.  Naturally, they shoot each other!

jaclaz, I'm guilty of using circular logic, like the cartoon.   I'm describing how much I like an old
app that's still working, while almost asking for a newer version that doesn't exist.

Sorry for my dumb post.

Nothing dumb that I can see, you asked for a similar app, I provided you links to a surely working tool and to its more recent version (untested by me) just try it/them if you want to change.

jaclaz

Don't know if they are similar, but Torchsoft's Registry Workshop and Nirsoft's RegScanner have extended search functionalities, maybe among them there is the one you're looking for.

Edited by GrofLuigi