Nvidia GTX 560 Windows 2000 Drivers

As I was told, to make it easier for other peoples to find, I should create a different topic for a different issues, so here's it. After dealing with tons of problems with that os (not even close to giving up), now it comes the part with the "drivers".

I've tried the ones that blackwingcat posted in his blog, but they don't support Nvidia GTX 560. The ones that I have on a CD/DVD are for XP 32bit or newer, which I afcourse tried, without success.

Ideas? - or maybe an modified .inf? - or I should install some of BlackWingCat's Unoffcial Updates?

Edited by Windows 2000

59 minutes ago, Windows 2000 said:

I've tried the ones that blackwingcat posted in his blog, but they don't support Nvidia GTX 560.

Which ones?

Here it seems supported:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1925833.html

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 SE
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Maybe there is a mistake in the list of supported cards? :unsure:

jaclaz

Another driver, another luck, another fail.

Why this .reg file does create me such a problems?

I have KernelEx 28... I don't understand where's the problem. - is that the problem?

New_Bitmap_Image.jpg

Every driver that I install with setup file, I get this error and every driver that I install manually, recognizes my device, tells me to restart (afcourse I do restart) and then I get Error Code 31 in device manager.

BlackWingCat / Anyone? - Any ideas?

Edited by Windows 2000

Hey, could you try and keep the double posting down a bit please? If nobody has replied to your post and only a short time has passed, edit your previous post to include the updated material. Thanks!

Now then, I would absolutely say to install blackwingcat's unofficial updates if you haven't already. It seems to me that some of his drivers did require at least extended kernel and core updates to them. Extended Core (or whatever he's calling it) is separate from KernelEx so I would make sure that it's installed as well, and you'll find that I believe on the same page, but below all the KernelEx download links and information.

41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hey, could you try and keep the double posting down a bit please? If nobody has replied to your post and only a short time has passed, edit your previous post to include the updated material. Thanks!

Now then, I would absolutely say to install blackwingcat's unofficial updates if you haven't already. It seems to me that some of his drivers did require at least extended kernel and core updates to them. Extended Core (or whatever he's calling it) is separate from KernelEx so I would make sure that it's installed as well, and you'll find that I believe on the same page, but below all the KernelEx download links and information.

One the page from where I've downloaded the Nvidia Drivers, was also mentioned what each version of each driver requires.

Almost all needed KernelEx and only the oldest ones of them needed .NET Framework 3.5. I may try installing it, but I don't think that it will do much... (if something at all)

I personally recommend having your system as up-to-date with all the unofficial updates that are available either from blackwingcat or tomasz86's unofficial rollups which aren't updated as frequently but they're basically a bit all in one package that updates a good many files on your system. I don't have a graphics card anywhere near as new as you so I can't even really help you that much on that. @blackwingcat should be able to help out though.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I personally recommend having your system as up-to-date with all the unofficial updates that are available either from blackwingcat or tomasz86's unofficial rollups which aren't updated as frequently but they're basically a bit all in one package that updates a good many files on your system. I don't have a graphics card anywhere near as new as you so I can't even really help you that much on that. @blackwingcat should be able to help out though.

Can you give me direct link for those Unofficial Rollup Updates? I've been searching for them for quite a while now.

After installing those, the only thing left to do for me is to wait for your assistance, people. - I absolutely ran out of ideas. :(

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

EDIT: Also I want to say that I won't only need display driver, but my computer also needs Nvidia HD Audio driver, if I want to have any sound at all, which I sure do. If I get any of the nvidia driver packages that blackwingcat offers to work, I'll get both display and audio, but I think that I would need his help to make any of those packages to work.

Edited by Windows 2000

Besides his blog, there are other nVidia driver versions available through BWC’s “Windows Legacy Update” page (step 1: click “manual update” on the left):

http://w2k.flxsrv.org/wlu/wluen.htm

FYI, when trying blackwingcat’s nVidia drivers, you can extract the ZIP file and locate

nv4_dispi.inf

open it with Notepad, and use the “Edit / Find” feature to search for the card you’re using (e.g. GTX 560) to confirm compatibility.

On 7/12/2016 at 7:36 PM, bluebolt said:

Besides his blog, there are other nVidia driver versions available through BWC’s “Windows Legacy Update” page (step 1: click “manual update” on the left):

http://w2k.flxsrv.org/wlu/wluen.htm

FYI, when trying blackwingcat’s nVidia drivers, you can extract the ZIP file and locate

nv4_dispi.inf

open it with Notepad, and use the “Edit / Find” feature to search for the card you’re using (e.g. GTX 560) to confirm compatibility.

I've already looked there and I can confirm that it's compatible with my video card.

About the "Windows Legacy Update" drivers, I'll try them right now and I'll share the results.

EDIT: RESULTS:

After downloading the the latest and manually installing it, I still get the same error as before. "Error Code 31"

New_Bitmap_Image.jpg

EDIT: After a bit playing with the Nvidia HD Audio drivers, I've successfully managed to get them to work. Now I have every driver in my system, except the Video.

However, any help about the video will be very appreciated... I am sick of it... :( 

Edited by Windows 2000

Just out of curiosity, have you tried KernelEx v2.6d?  I tried the initial 2.8 version a while back, and it wrecked the OS.

Also, when you installed the extended kernel, did you use the maximum compatibility settings (NT5 rather than NT6, and 5.81 rather than 5.82)?

2 hours ago, bluebolt said:

Just out of curiosity, have you tried KernelEx v2.6d?  I tried the initial 2.8 version a while back, and it wrecked the OS.

Also, when you installed the extended kernel, did you use the maximum compatibility settings (NT5 rather than NT6, and 5.81 rather than 5.82)?

I've installed KernelEx v2.8 with the default compatibility. I'll try v2.6d tomorrow, but should I use maximum or minimum compatibility?

2 minutes ago, Windows 2000 said:

I've installed KernelEx v2.8 with the default compatibility. I'll try v2.6d tomorrow, but should I use maximum or minimum compatibility?

Since these nVidia drivers are modified XP drivers (rather than, say, Vista drivers), I would try max compatibility.