Instructions to install Kernel32???

Sigh, this is quite embarrassing as I cannot seem to figure out how to install this darn extension

Okay, I've managed to install it once but sadly that installation was destroyed after I tried to install Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 SP1 as an experiment. When the laptop was booted up after installing Virtual PC 2004 SP1, a driver included had screwed something up resulting in the blue screen of death every time I booted up the laptop. Being lazy, I decided to just reinstall Windows 2000.

It seems I was just lucky the Kernel32 extension would work last time or god somehow came into my room and did everything for me when I wasn't looking. Okay enough of that, I just had to vent a bit...

For the extension I need...

• KB2722913 (Internet Explorer 6 security update)
  • The Kernel Extension, which is this one right? English(v2.8d) Windows2000-KB935839-v28d-x86-ENU.EXE

Blackwingcat told me:

"You should install QFE version IE6 SP1 Update : P

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1710658.html

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer]
"QFEInstalled"=dword:00000001

Set the following registry and  install Security update."

I went onto the link and became very confused...where is the download link to the required security update? Let me know the download locations and please correct me if I'm wrong!
Thank you!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

I've always found BlackWingCat's website a little difficult to get my head around... I can't see a download link for the IE6 update on that page, but I do have it, and I've uploaded it to Mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/download/olaus7o3shh5h2x/IE6.0SP1-KB2722913-WINDOWS2000-X86-ENU.EXE

I found two versions of the Extended Kernel on BWC's website; the version with C, and the other with D. I'm not sure what the difference is between them. I use the C version

I've never made that change to the registry before installing the update.

On 2016年7月7日 at 11:17 AM, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Sigh, this is quite embarrassing as I cannot seem to figure out how to install this darn extension

Okay, I've managed to install it once but sadly that installation was destroyed after I tried to install Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 SP1 as an experiment. When the laptop was booted up after installing Virtual PC 2004 SP1, a driver included had screwed something up resulting in the blue screen of death every time I booted up the laptop. Being lazy, I decided to just reinstall Windows 2000.

It seems I was just lucky the Kernel32 extension would work last time or god somehow came into my room and did everything for me when I wasn't looking. Okay enough of that, I just had to vent a bit...

For the extension I need...

• KB2722913 (Internet Explorer 6 security update)
  • The Kernel Extension, which is this one right? English(v2.8d) Windows2000-KB935839-v28d-x86-ENU.EXE

Blackwingcat told me:

"You should install QFE version IE6 SP1 Update : P

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1710658.html

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer]
"QFEInstalled"=dword:00000001

Set the following registry and  install Security update."

I went onto the link and became very confused...where is the download link to the required security update? Let me know the download locations and please correct me if I'm wrong!
Thank you!

1. You should install Internet Explorer 6 security update KB2722913 or later from WLU.

2. You should apply QFE registry before install it.

3. It may require recent cert root update.

4. v28* is compatible version for Vista. v28*G is compatible version for Windows 2000/XP.

I recommend v28*G.