Unable to drag and drop any files?

This seems to be an odd issue...
Welp, Windows 2000 has always been a pain to setup on my laptop due to certain drivers not always properly working after installation. Suddenly my laptop is unable to copy and paste anymore, drag and drop doesn't work, copy/cut and paste doesn't work as well. Any solutions?

Trying to copy/cut then paste won't even affect my right-click options! The desktop acts as if I had never done so!

I really don't wanna have to reinstall Windows 2000, upgrade to sp4, install the programs, etc again

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

20 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Welp, Windows 2000 has always been a pain to setup on my laptop due to certain drivers not always properly working after installation. Suddenly my laptop is unable to copy and paste anymore, drag and drop doesn't work, copy/cut and paste doesn't work as well. Any solutions?

Trying to copy/cut then paste won't even affect my right-click options! The desktop acts as if I had never done so!

I really don't wanna have to reinstall Windows 2000, upgrade to sp4, install the programs, etc again

Try Installing TeraCopy, It kinda a odd once happened with me in server 2003.

8 hours ago, Dibya said:

Try Installing TeraCopy, It kinda a odd once happened with me in server 2003.

I found out this happens because of installing the last daily urollup (or whatever its called)...the updates causes weird issues from drag and drop, copy, and pasting not working, and even windows the control panel permanently windowed even if I full sized the window...

Which is the last safe rollup to use?...I can't figure out how to install blackwingcat's kernel32 x_x

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

I've been using the Nov. 30th Release of UURollup (Windows2000-UURollup-v11-d20141130-x86-ENU) since its release, and so far I haven't experienced those issues. Is this on a real computer or virtual machine.

As far as I know, all you need for BWC's Extended Kernel are an update for IE6 (KB2722913), and the extended Kernel package itself. I use Windows2000-KB935839-v28c-x86-ENU.

Windows 2000 has been a bit funky on laptops for some reason, at least newer ones. Even though they're for the most part compatible with anything up to about 2009. Your problem though is a bit strange though, I've never heard of it doing something like that. Mine puts up a huge fuss when I use the wireless adapter for some reason even though it's absolutely compatible without unofficial updates, but once they're put on, it acts stupid. Is there a way you can make a video sort of showing this going on?

8 hours ago, MrMaguire said:

I've been using the Nov. 30th Release of UURollup (Windows2000-UURollup-v11-d20141130-x86-ENU) since its release, and so far I haven't experienced those issues. Is this on a real computer or virtual machine.

As far as I know, all you need for BWC's Extended Kernel are an update for IE6 (KB2722913), and the extended Kernel package itself. I use Windows2000-KB935839-v28c-x86-ENU.

UURollup Windows2000-UURollup-v11-d20141130-x86-ENU breaks the laptop's ability to use the wireless adapter meant for vanilla Windows 2000 on my physical laptop, also breaking the ability to copy and paste, drag and drop. The control panel ends up looking funny and requires to be scrolled no matter what size the window is, many options and icons won't even appear.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Windows 2000 has been a bit funky on laptops for some reason, at least newer ones. Even though they're for the most part compatible with anything up to about 2009. Your problem though is a bit strange though, I've never heard of it doing something like that. Mine puts up a huge fuss when I use the wireless adapter for some reason even though it's absolutely compatible without unofficial updates, but once they're put on, it acts stupid. Is there a way you can make a video sort of showing this going on?

IKR, I had to reinstall my wireless adapter at least 3 times before it worked!
I really don't wanna have to end up reinstalling Windows 2000 for the 4th or 5th time in 2 days x_x

I'll try system restore first then show it. Is there any recording software or something similar to snipping/page caturing for Windows 2000?

I hear you, it's annoying to keep reinstalling over and over again. I hate to keep steering offtopic with this, but what kind of wireless adapter does your laptop use? As for recording software, try Bandicam. There's a trial version of it that works just fine with Windows 2000. At least that way I can sort of see what is going on. You didn't install a special touchpad driver, did you?

On 2016년 6월 17일 금요일 at 6:14 PM, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

I hope you have not installed UURollup on top of just the SP4 (with no other official updates) because this will definitely lead to serious issues.

UURollup requires a fully updated system which means at least SP4, IE6SP1, Update Rollup 1 and all official updates released between 2005-2010. This is the minimum, and I do not test UURollup in any other environment.

I would suggest to reinstall Windows using a fully updated source. You can prepare it by either downloading all the updates listed on my website and integrating them with HFSLIP 2000, or by using the HFSLIP-FullPack (English only) package where all the updates are already included.

7 hours ago, MrMaguire said:

Tomasz86, have you considered writing a guide to the unofficial Windows 2000 updates? That would be very useful.

I have and probably should...

It is always that I have too many things to do, and I am not good when it comes to multitasking and concentrating on all of them simultaneously. I am also not good at writing this kind of detailed guides :(

I am seriously considering doing something in this matter though since I am probably one of the few people remaining active in the community (not as much as I would like to but still...) who have enough experience with Windows 2000 to do it. Also, there are not (and, to tell the truth, have never been) many detailed guides available and those which do still exist are heavily outdated.

Apart from the unofficial updates, I would like at least to provide some how-to on slipstreaming with HFSLIP and using latest software in Windows 2000.