Windows 7 Uptime

MrMaguire

Windows_7_Uptime.png

My daily use Windows 7 Professional system has been running for 80 consecutive days without reboot, sleep, or even logging off. I'm posting this simply because I think a few members here will get a kick out of it, and also because I'm feeling that itch to switch back to XP for a while. (I usually like to switch between the various computers and operating systems I have.)

I booted the system in late March and it's been running flawlessly since then. Not one problem at all. I have (so far) missed 3 months worth of updates, and in my view the system is no worse off because of that.

This is Windows 7 Professional 32bit with SP1 running on an Intel 320 series 120GB SSD, inside an 11 year old Dell Latitude D610 laptop with a Pentium M processor at 2.13GHz. Not bad for an old machine, eh? :D

• 3 months later...

I knew I remembered this topic or a topic like it existed. I was just checking my system uptime and... well :w00t:

5UqERZs.jpg

wFgdw8r.jpg

I see that the two sets of numbers do not seem to match up. I wonder if one could be wrong, or if there is a roll-over on the Days counter on the Performance tab...
System Idle Process hours 13636 (568 days) vs Uptime in Performance tab: 143 days.

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, 24 September 2016 at 0:58 AM, Tripredacus said:

I see that the two sets of numbers do not seem to match up. I wonder if one could be wrong, or if there is a roll-over on the Days counter on the Performance tab...

System Idle Process hours 13636 (568 days) vs Uptime in Performance tab: 143 days.

The CPU time shows the sum of process times of all CPU cores. So, if you add up the CPU time of all processes shown in Task manager and divide that by 4 (in your case) you'll get your uptime.

Edited by Groucho2004

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

The function of the computer is to go on websites, play a DOS game and has an IM client running so that I can send myself links or whatever when I am not home. There is no actual requirement that the computer needs to stay on for any particular reason and the only reason it does is because it can. So there is no point to use a UPS on it or any other computer that I run at home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No, in Win 7, if you transition the computer into waiting or sleep mode, then all the counters will stop, too, if you disable a computer from sleep in a year, then the work time will be at the time of shutdown.

• 1 year later...

Experienced a power outage last night. :(

The previous system shutdown at 4:23:00 AM on ‎2/‎23/‎2023 was unexpected.

Four hours previous, this log was generated: The system uptime is 38087169 seconds.

I am really thinking these experiments are going to be over soon, that computer needs to be replaced.

I forgot to write the result here. Here is the last saved screenshot, exactly 2 years old. After that, the computer ran for another week and the HDD motor jammed, leaving a screenshot with 736 days of work on it. :(
spacer.png