Windows 2000 - traditional Chinese, Hong Kong version?

Windows 2000 updates normally support simplified Chinese (zh-cn) and traditional Chinese (zh-tw). However, the SP4 is also available for traditional Chinese, Hong Kong (zh-hk).

I have briefly compared the three packages (w2ksp4_cn.exe, w2ksp4_hk.exe, w2ksp4_tw.exe) and the files are in fact different. Also, as far as I have seen, no other updates are available for this zh-hk version.

Does anyone know what is up with this "special" release? Was there a separate Windows 2000 version for Hong Kong?

19 hours ago, tomasz86 said:

Windows 2000 updates normally support simplified Chinese (zh-cn) and traditional Chinese (zh-tw). However, the SP4 is also available for traditional Chinese, Hong Kong (zh-hk).

I have briefly compared the three packages (w2ksp4_cn.exe, w2ksp4_hk.exe, w2ksp4_tw.exe) and the files are in fact different. Also, as far as I have seen, no other updates are available for this zh-hk version.

Does anyone know what is up with this "special" release? Was there a separate Windows 2000 version for Hong Kong?

For example I know as you can install to Windows 2000, Microsoft Speech Platform and Office 2007 packages.

On 5/31/2016 at 6:48 PM, tomasz86 said:

HongKong builds are made for few office but got leaked by Pirates.

Finding files for it are something like finding a needle from heep of sands.

Best of Luck

I am tring to find it for you , if i get surely i will PM you

21 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

For example I know as you can install to Windows 2000, Microsoft Speech Platform and Office 2007 packages.

I have found several packages in Google that are supposed to add language components related to the Hong Kong Chinese but this still does not explain why there is a whole separate SP4 release :(

14 hours ago, Dibya said:

HongKong builds are made for few office but got leaked by Pirates.

Finding files for it are something like finding a needle from heep of sands.

Best of Luck

I am tring to find it for you , if i get surely i will PM you

I do not really want to download any full Windows 2000 builds as that would be a) illegal and b) I do not really need them. I am just curious why only the SP4 is available for "zh-hk" and the rest of the updates are not :huh:

28 minutes ago, tomasz86 said:

I have found several packages in Google that are supposed to add language components related to the Hong Kong Chinese but this still does not explain why there is a whole separate SP4 release :(

I do not really want to download any full Windows 2000 builds as that would be a) illegal and b) I do not really need them. I am just curious why only the SP4 is available for "zh-hk" and the rest of the updates are not :huh:

I am also finding sp4 exe only

On 5/31/2016 at 6:18 AM, tomasz86 said:

This may or may not help you:

Any chance this version is in Cantonese? I'm aware Hong Kong is where Cantonese is spoken along with Mandarin and even shares many (but not all) Han Characters

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

any one has japanese mui for 2k?

I want to make english 2k to japanese

Unfortunately MUI is not available to download for free. You had to pay for it.

MUI for 2K is buggy anyway (works properly only if IE5.5 is used for system shell) so I would not bother.

6 hours ago, tomasz86 said:

Unfortunately MUI is not available to download for free. You had to pay for it.

MUI for 2K is buggy anyway (works properly only if IE5.5 is used for system shell) so I would not bother.

mui workes flawlesly with XP/2k3.

Thanks for reply

12 hours ago, Dibya said:

mui workes flawlesly with XP/2k3.

Yes but in case of 2K they have not updated it so the system will only be partially localized if you install IE6. The overall experience is very bad (your local language mixed with English everywhere). You need to stick to IE5.5 for it to fully work, and even then the translation is kind of buggy.

All in all, MUI for 2K seems to be half-baked, especially compared to the one for XP/2003.

Edited by tomasz86

6 minutes ago, tomasz86 said:

Yes but in case of 2K they have not updated it so the system will only be partially localized if you install IE6. The overall experience is very bad (your local language mixed with English everywhere). You need to stick to IE5.5 for it to fully work, and even then the translation is kind of buggy.

All in all, MUI for 2K seems to be half-baked, especially compared to the one for XP/2003.

why ? Ms fully not baked it . I sometime use it on my VM(They are selling half baked cookies , who will buy that)Indeed MS is not a good baker . Really Getting Hindi or Japanese should be great any way problem

Some hackers are saying we are more safe using Nt5.x series that is really true http://www.xpforums.com/xp-security-story-t932767.html

For a year i have not used any AV software in my computer still i have no problem although i browse infected sites with firefox.