Skype on W2K

I am wondering how many animals and how much sanity I would need to sacrifice to get Skype 6.14 running on w2k. As I am somewhat content in bringing myself to madness trying to use windows 2000 as a regular OS I don't care too much if the fix is complicated, but I need to get it working.

04e7fe7bf6.png

I get an access violation after attempting to log in, which seems to result from jumping to a bad address. This happens with both /legacylogin and the regular login.

PS: Has anyone noticed that the 28 series of kernels from blackwingcat break firefox?

Edited by agrecascino

14 hours ago, agrecascino said:

PS: Has anyone noticed that the 28 series of kernels from blackwingcat break firefox?

I've only managed to install the Kernel32 on my W2K laptop ONCE. I could never get it to install due to the requirement of Internet Explorer 6 Security Update...Even after installing the update, nothing changed...
Yeah, the Kernel broke firefox. Prior to installing the kernel32, my laptop used uulrollup updates instead. After I installed Kernel32, firefox refused to open and gave an error message...

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

On 5/21/2016 at 1:08 PM, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

I've only managed to install the Kernel32 on my W2K laptop ONCE. I could never get it to install due to the requirement of Internet Explorer 6 Security Update...Even after installing the update, nothing changed...
Yeah, the Kernel broke firefox. Prior to installing the kernel32, my laptop used uulrollup updates instead. After I installed Kernel32, firefox refused to open and gave an error message...

For me 26dg has been quite stable, with most of my crashes coming from drivers(usually sound). I've tested it on multiple computers too.

On 2016年5月22日 at 2:08 AM, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

You should install QFE version IE6 SP1 Update : P

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1710658.html

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer]
"QFEInstalled"=dword:00000001

Set the following registry and  install Security update.