Suddenly started getting Notification Emails for all previously subscribed threads

Suddenly started getting Notification Emails for all previously subscribed threads

If memory serves me right I had most of them set to "No Notifications" and now all of them are "immediate notification" 

Why was this done? 

PS: How can I convert all / most back to No Notifications without having to do it for each thread? 

Interesting, of my 11 subscribed threads, all but 5 of them are now set for immediate notification. None of my sub threads have been posted in since 2015, so I don't know when this change happened.

To change them, you have checkboxes on the right side of the thread list. Check each one you want to change. On the pop up thing, click the Bell icon with the arrow and choose the notification level you want.

• 5 months later...

Notifications completely stopped for me, could be a month or two ago - can't remember, I've been a mess all this time.

I've reset all of them about a week ago, to no avail. Could this have something to do with AOL? They used to send about 95% of all MSFN e-mails directly to Spam despite me always marking them as 'not spam' which made me completely disable the spam check.

I'm afraid to try changing the e-mail address.

• 3 weeks later...
On duminică, 16 octombrie 2016 at 1:24 AM, dencorso said:

PM me a new e-mail address and I can change it for you.

Thanks, got it done in the mean time, after some trouble with non-arriving confirmation e-mails.
I now have another issue though: why all links in the notification e-mails - and especially external links - are being redirected/bounced through a third-party service (Spark Post)? I don't like clicking blindly to land who-knows-where, nor do I want to open an extra board page (limited download quota) just to see where the real links in the posts point to.

Internet nowadays became much too similar to city roads: tarmac is too smooth and cars are too fast so let's dump some speed limiters every quarter mile or so, just because we can. :(

I wasn't aware of it because I have set the forums to send me *NO* e-mails at all.
It seems part of the many income generating devices xper is using to keep viable keep the forums alive...
I'll give it a look, though.

I don't know who Spark Post are, I don't trust them and I don't want them (or anybody else, for that matter) to count my clicks and habits and whatnot. That's why I employ Redirect Cleaner in Pale Moon and my own AHK script for WordPress mail notifications. I could probably crop up a script for this one as well [EDIT: done] but this redirection habit became an obsession lately.
Thanks for looking into it.

Edited by Drugwash
small update