Mini PC with full support for XP x64

theelf

Hi guys, apologize my english

Right now, my computer is a Dell USFF 745,  Dual Core 1.6ghz, 4Gb ram, SSD 128GB kingston, runing XP x64. runs great, i have no complains at all

But this year i want  to change all electrical system to use only solar power (im so tired of pay electrical bills :D). Im forced to change all my electrical stuff to a low powered ones, to save battery

Mi idea was one of this small computers that look like a pendrive, runing windows 10, and install XP x64. They are easy to buy, and cheap...

But for what I see, the latest intel generation supported in Xp x64 is the 3rd one, true?

Any ideas of some small low power computer, i can found easy and cheap on ebay,  that i can install  XP x64?

Thanks

I wonder if a UPS (Backup Power Supply) would "trickle charge" and hold enough juice to power your Dell? SFF towers usually don't pull that much (watts). In addition, Voltage tolerances (+/-) may not affect it (that much).

Research Volts/Watts/Amps and how they interact with each other.

26 minutes ago, theelf said:

Hi guys, apologize my english

Right now, my computer is a Dell USFF 745,  Dual Core 1.6ghz, 4Gb ram, SSD 128GB kingston, runing XP x64. runs great, i have no complains at all

But this year i want  to change all electrical system to use only solar power (im so tired of pay electrical bills :D). Im forced to change all my electrical stuff to a low powered ones, to save battery

Mi idea was one of this small computers that look like a pendrive, runing windows 10, and install XP x64. They are easy to buy, and cheap...

But for what I see, the latest intel generation supported in Xp x64 is the 3rd one, true?

Any ideas of some small low power computer, i can found easy and cheap on ebay,  that i can install  XP x64?

Thanks

Add a good UPS with a big Battery and Enjoy . Those MiniPC are not powerful enough also make sure to have a low watt monitor.

Best Of Luck

A great EchoFriendly Step

Thanks, but my idea is to use less power,  not to dry my battery faster.  Using my Dell is not a option, i was checking and some of this small mini PCs and they need less than 10W vs 140-180W of my Dell, big difference

Most of this new atoms, are similar to my C2D 1.6ghz in performance, is not a problem abot performance

Still looking, is not easy sadly

Edited by theelf

You can find quite a few mini-itx or similar with very low power requirements, AFAICT the issue might be with drivers (XP64 is not exactly the most common OS around), particularly I doubt that the TV-sticks are likely to have suitable drivers available.

Maybe, just maybe, you could have an overall "better" experience using a laptop, if you are "stuck" to XP 64 bit.

ZOTAC is one of the few manufacturers that have (had) a model, the ID13, that has XP 64 bit drivers AFAICR, but there may be of course other ones:

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/id13

jaclaz

P.S.: The cheapest I could find around is  140 Euros (you will have to add RAM and Hard disk - better a SSD ) IMHO not that bad, considering how much they costed earlier:
http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/874154/Zotac-ZBOX-SD-ID13-barebone-system-Processor-Intel-Atom-D525-2x-18-GHz

Edited by jaclaz

Thanks jaclaz, this Zotac look good,  like a powerfull thin client or a netbook without screen, looking at the AC adaptor, i think will be maximun 35W, for sure less, 15-25W

I will add to my "watch list"

• 3 weeks later...

You could put in a lower power CPU along with an SSD into that PC, which should result in lower power draw. I say its worth a try.

On 5/9/2016 at 0:54 AM, HarryTri said:

Out of  topic, but what's going on with the GeForce cards? NVIDIA sold them to ASUS or something?

No, nVidia still makes GeForce cards. ASUS is just a (very vocal) nVidia partner, which may be the reason you made such an assumption.