Remodeling Windows XP Kernel32

Dibya

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

I will try my best to make your driver work.

I think you would have an easier time making those drivers work on Vista (given its similarities with Win7), but if you think you can do it for XP, who am I to complain?

54 minutes ago, greenhillmaniac said:

I think you would have an easier time making those drivers work on Vista (given its similarities with Win7), but if you think you can do it for XP, who am I to complain?

add following line of code to last catalyst driver last version main driver file

loc_401760:                             ; CODE XREF: sub_40110F+60Fj
.text:00401760                 mov     eax, [esp+68h+var_30]
.text:00401764                 mov     ecx, [esp+68h+var_50]
.text:00401768                 push    4
.text:0040176A                 mov     [esp+6Ch+var_5C], eax
.text:0040176E                 push    30h
.text:00401770                 lea     eax, [esp+70h+var_5C]
.text:00401774                 push    eax
.text:00401775                 push    1
.text:00401777                 call    sub_401B0E
.text:0040177C                 mov     eax, [esp+68h+var_2C]
.text:00401780                 mov     ecx, [esp+68h+var_50]
.text:00401784                 push    2
.text:00401786                 mov     [esp+6Ch+var_58], eax
.text:0040178A                 push    4
.text:0040178C                 lea     eax, [esp+70h+var_58]
.text:00401790                 push    eax
.text:00401791                 push    1
.text:00401793                 call    sub_401B0E
.text:00401798                 push    offset aGetbiosEnd ; "GetBios end\n"
.text:0040179D                 push    edi
.text:0040179E                 jmp     loc_4012C9

byby

add your device id to inf files

32 minutes ago, Dibya said:

add following line of code to last catalyst driver last version main driver file

loc_401760:                             ; CODE XREF: sub_40110F+60Fj
.text:00401760                 mov     eax, [esp+68h+var_30]
.text:00401764                 mov     ecx, [esp+68h+var_50]
.text:00401768                 push    4
.text:0040176A                 mov     [esp+6Ch+var_5C], eax
.text:0040176E                 push    30h
.text:00401770                 lea     eax, [esp+70h+var_5C]
.text:00401774                 push    eax
.text:00401775                 push    1
.text:00401777                 call    sub_401B0E
.text:0040177C                 mov     eax, [esp+68h+var_2C]
.text:00401780                 mov     ecx, [esp+68h+var_50]
.text:00401784                 push    2
.text:00401786                 mov     [esp+6Ch+var_58], eax
.text:0040178A                 push    4
.text:0040178C                 lea     eax, [esp+70h+var_58]
.text:00401790                 push    eax
.text:00401791                 push    1
.text:00401793                 call    sub_401B0E
.text:00401798                 push    offset aGetbiosEnd ; "GetBios end\n"
.text:0040179D                 push    edi
.text:0040179E                 jmp     loc_4012C9

byby

add your device id to inf files

You've managed to make the drivers work on XP or Vista? Either way, this is beyond awesome!!!

What do I use to add those lines to the main driver file? And which driver file?

Sorry for all these questions, I've never edited files at assembly code level!

main driver mean : Main .sys file detected by your system (Never tried with vista)

diassemble every thing then add those lines asper offset then assemble with assembler.

It worked with XP but i have no idea about vista.

Really sorry for vista please donot mind

9 hours ago, Dibya said:

What gone good?

You wrote :: I should have listen to my friend and avoided this clueless bullsh!+£r.
Propaganda all over again. I'm going to have a drink to this.
Thanks Syvat for exposing this fraud.

Who is fraud? I

Format your head , it might be infected with a virus.

You stole my post from another forum. You are a real gem. Enjoy the fruits of someone else's labor. You have a nice Mother's Day.

38 minutes ago, PROBLEMCHYLD said:

You stole my post from another forum. You are a real gem. Enjoy the fruits of someone else's labor. You have a nice Mother's Day.

man you will understand when same think will happen with you.

I have used wine files from here :: http://adolfintel.com/index.php?p=wined3d/index.frag  

not from that guy  . I have replaced d3d10.dll with vista beta 2 one as that work best on xp.

Next come to kernel32.dll & Msvcrt.dll :: He told i have used some one might he had done some mds5 check. It happened as i have added same api which even added by someone.

I never a that kind of person. I have given always everyone credit for his hard work. Like i have given that to Harkaz for repacking and 5eraph for helping me collecting dlls.

I believe eating someones credit cause indigetion.

What ? I have done.

Downloaded wineDep Package to compile it then used MinGW32 to cross compile.

Done some exsperiment by replacing and optimizing apis from longhorn & Vistabeta2 as they are somewhat similer to XP.

we even use some reactOS Files in XP.( Even in 2k /98se) check with dependency walker first.

Edited by Dibya

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

main driver mean : Main .sys file detected by your system (Never tried with vista)

diassemble every thing then add those lines asper offset then assemble with assembler.

I'm sorry to be a noob, but I really have no idea how to disassemble a sys file :}. You'll have to walk me through this, if that's ok.

So, is it atikmdag.sys the file you are talking about?

What program do I use to add those lines of machine code to it? And how do I use it?

Also, just to be thorough, after I mod the sys file, I just edit the Windows 7 INF file, by modifying this line: [ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.1] into this: [ATI.Mfg.NTx86.5.1] and possibly add my GPU's Hardware ID, if needed?

33 minutes ago, greenhillmaniac said:

I'm sorry to be a noob, but I really have no idea how to disassemble a sys file :}. You'll have to walk me through this, if that's ok.

So, is it atikmdag.sys the file you are talking about?

What program do I use to add those lines of machine code to it? And how do I use it?

Also, just to be thorough, after I mod the sys file, I just edit the Windows 7 INF file, by modifying this line: [ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.1] into this: [ATI.Mfg.NTx86.5.1] and possibly add my GPU's Hardware ID, if needed?

dude take original xp amd driver catalyst.

does you can wait for sometime , i am not in home actually abroad . I most likely to return by 19th may.It might depends on my uncle and flight

@Dibya... To be fair, we could release a new AMD/ATI modded drivers ourselves to replace the iCafè ones. A lot of people out there are actually using AMD cards and I think it would be really appreciated. P.s look forward for you to come back, so you'll tell me everything about your journey ;)

2 minutes ago, FranceBB said:

@Dibya... To be fair, we could release a new AMD/ATI modded drivers ourselves to replace the iCafè ones. A lot of people out there are actually using AMD cards and I think it would be really appreciated. P.s look forward for you to come back, so you'll tell me everything about your journey ;)

That would be fantastic... I'm not that knowledgeable to be messing with machine code :S

Sorry to everyone if I derailed the thread a bit... It's just that it would be nice to dual boot XP and 8.1/10 (I alternate between these 2 OSs), for compatibility purposes.

I know. The only problem about disassembling and reassembling things it's that disassemblers aren't always able to obtain the exact same starting codes. Which means that it could bring some significant unexpected behaviours. My favourite disassembler is IDA Pro (Dibya uses the same program), so you could play a bit with it. Unfortunately it doesn't always work as expected and also be aware that a disassembler is like... uhm... a... "Bomb" (a powerful one): it will do something for sure, but it might not be what you want. In other words: it should be avoided unless there aren't any other ways. 

P.s I'm an encoder, which means that I can write filters to denoise/sharp, masks etc using... let's say the FFT (Fast Fourier transform) easily, BUT I know pretty much nothing about backporting, as it's something I'm learning right now and for my personal experience only. :)

18 hours ago, FranceBB said:

no more i am thinking doing anything for community, they only know to insult other.

I will send you and greenhillmaniac what i will make privately.

no more i will not post any new stufs.

@greenhillmaniac  

Try using universal vesa / vbe video driver for XP

if any one want to learn how api calls of  kernel32.dll work

please  read this pdf :: http://www.inf.unideb.hu/~fazekasg/english/Operating_Systems_I_II/Win_kernelref.pdf

1 hour ago, greenhillmaniac said:

But I do believe those drivers don't provide Direct3D support, only generic support for higher resolutions.

really true