Remodeling Windows XP Kernel32

Dibya

3 hours ago, FranceBB said:

@Dibya... That's because you used localised files from the POS-Ready and other updates, right? By the way, I look forward to compare them with the old "NY" version I sent you last time. I'm pretty sure that, thanks to your release, everything will be faster and more reliable compared to the old ones. ;)

Still many problem exist in NYV but in my version it is non existence.

Extremely Fast !! About 8% Faster than original DX 11 .

Best of Luck

Please Tell me the result

Great project you have there. Hope this one's not a hoax (the Opticork fiasco comes to mind :crazy:). I can't believe you are trying (or got it working, I don't know) to put DirectX 11 on Windows XP.

How are you testing it BTW? Are you using Windows XP drivers, or Windows 7 drivers? What programs or games have you gotten to work?

Opticork tried to fool us all, we are not.

And yes, they work.

As to the kernel itself, it requires a lot of patience and hard work. I now understand why they wanted to write the x98 kernel from scratch instead of adding functions to the original one.

Adding a sort of compatibility layer would be the best solution right now, and I already forked in my github account the project Harkaz linked. In other words, you will be able to boot using a modified hal and ntkrnl in order to use the 4GB hack without any drivers issues. As to the Vista and later apps, you will be able to install a program, the compatibility layer, that will allow you to run an executable right clicking at it and selecting "run Vista application". In other words, it's almost like running programs in compatibility mode, except for the fact that the " compatibility " you can choose won't be an older, former operative system, but a new one instead. I already have a working build and I successfully made some basic Vista programs work flawlessly. I tried with Paint, movie maker, almost every widget, the calc etc. My next goal is gonna be Outlook. I wanna make Outlook working. As to the complex programs that require Win7 or later, like chrome, they fail to load. The programs start and they ask for several functions which I haven't backported yet, so they end up with an exception, 'causing XP to freeze with a bluescreen. (I'm working on this, guys, but that's pretty **** hard, believe me). 

In the end, something easy peasy like the project made by opticork doesn't exist. The kernel can be accessed via hex reader and editor only, every function requires several manual test to be added successfully (and they can't be avoided). 

Edited by FranceBB

That's just awesome! :thumbup

I wish to you and Dibya the best of luck in this project! If you need any testing done, I have a few computers, both old and new, where I could put XP, to test some programs, if such thing is needed.

BTW, I don't think you've answered my previous question, but I'll ask again: can latter Windows drivers work on XP, with your project?

Uhm... That's a really good question. To be fair, it would be great to have drivers meant for newer OS working under XP. Theoretically speaking, it should be possible, practically speaking, I don't see that happening anytime soon. I didn't try it yet, but I'm actually wondering about a few things. Technically, you should be able to install drivers, but they won't load when you reboot the system. Let's suppose you have a normal Vista workstation and you install XP as dual boot. When you then try to install the new drivers (meant for Vista), the installer fails to load. Then, let's suppose that you try to open it with my compatibility layer and you successfully install the drivers. When you then reboot, it's gonna be funny 'cause I don't know whether the drivers are gonna be linked to the compatibility layer or to the ntkrnl. In the very first case, they will load successfully, in the latter, the won't. As to the 4GB patch, I simply took the kernel from Windows Server 2003 x86 and made it compatible with Windows XP. In other words, two things are gonna be loaded at the boot-time: the ntkrnl and the hal. So, you are gonna have the win server 2003 modified kernel and the hardware abstraction layer. What does it mean? It's simple. Your OS is gonna be at 36bit instead of 32bit and you will be able to use 64GB of RAM, but you will still be able to run 32bit and 16bit programs. Basically you will have your work environment running at 32bit, so programs and drivers will work at 32bit and they will think that they are communicating with the hardware to make calculations etc, but they won't. They will communicate with the HAL, instead (the hardware abstraction layer) which will then be the one in charge to communicate with the hardware using 36bit and with the softwares at 32bit. ;)

Anybody knows anything about Samsung kies?

I got windows 10 drivers working in XP by adding many functions in HAL/Kernel/ntdll also porting dlls like storport and usbport for my skylake(Aka 6th gen intel) pc .

It is too buggy so trying to fix those bugs .

I think last of this year i can give you all something new.

Please Pray to God.

Only Driver can kill xp

@greenhillmaniac

My DX files are wraper library to convert dx11 calls to OPenGL.

please try my patch and please post some feedbacks

9 hours ago, Dibya said:

My DX files are wraper library to convert dx11 calls to OPenGL.

please try my patch and please post some feedbacks

There are 2 problems in there: first, where's the patch? You didn't give me any link. Second, the GPU of my main rig only has drivers for Windows 7+ :(. That's why I was asking if later Windows drivers would work with your modded files.

9 minutes ago, greenhillmaniac said:

There are 2 problems in there: first, where's the patch? You didn't give me any link. Second, the GPU of my main rig only has drivers for Windows 7+ :(. That's why I was asking if later Windows drivers would work with your modded files.

please goto Ryanvm for patch

9 minutes ago, greenhillmaniac said:

no!

sorry i will try later .

Thanks for informing me.

does GPU works under win10? It should work under my DX12 patch. I need more time to fix that up.

Please can you provide me link for your GPU Driver?

17 minutes ago, Dibya said:

does GPU works under win10? It should work under my DX12 patch. I need more time to fix that up.

Please can you provide me link for your GPU Driver?

Sure. I have a R9 380, which only has Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 drivers. The drivers aren't compatible with Vista and XP. INF modding does not work. They throw an error while trying to install. There are numerous drivers for my GPU, but here's the page for Windows 7 drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

Read Here :: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10581

Someone is telling , I have stealed his work.

How that  possible , I have made myself with IDA and ASM EDIT.

Some peoples never want to see good of other.

I will never do anything for anyone. I will keep my build with me only.(Like DX12 Patch and Extended xp)

I am Very Much Angry:realmad:

!! No more

Edited by Dibya

39 minutes ago, PROBLEMCHYLD said:

I can't wait for the rebuttals , mannnnnn. This gonna be good!!!!!!:w00t::w00t:

What gone good?

You wrote :: I should have listen to my friend and avoided this clueless bullsh!+£r.
Propaganda all over again. I'm going to have a drink to this.
Thanks Syvat for exposing this fraud.

Who is fraud? I

Format your head , it might be infected with a virus.

Edited by Dibya