Microsoft security essentials and Windows XP

ND22

clicking on downlooad here I get a 403 error and the webproxy takes me else where and wnats me to update flash, which flashplayer is upto date

how do we get to the file

Edited by DrWho3000
edit

41 minutes ago, DrWho3000 said:

clicking on downlooad here I get a 403 error and the webproxy takes me else where and wnats me to update flash, which flashplayer is upto date

how do we get to the file

Try it via download via webproxy. The censorship has meanwhile hit Germany as well.

Unfortunately I can not write what I think, there is no free internet anymore, only censorship!

:realmad:

Edited by heinoganda

1 hour ago, DrWho3000 said:

wants me to update flash, which flash player is up-to date

Beware any time you see that - it's a deceptive advertisement! If you "update" you will get a PUP

I recommend you install an ad-blocker add-on, so you won't see those deceptive ads any more.

If you have no favorite, try the one I use: uBlock Origin: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

Edited by Mathwiz

2 minutes ago, DrWho3000 said:

I did gather that , I do use AdblockPlus with elementhiderhelper with loads of filters, yet it didn't seem to work on there

Adblock and AdblockPlus never really worked for me. I recommend you to try out uBlock Origin:)

It may not have worked because of having to use the web proxy. If an add-on filters according to where the content is coming from, everything "looks" like it comes from the proxy, so nothing gets filtered.

uB0 seemed to work; it's filtering works differently.

@heinoganda

Just used the new updater for the first time, and thanks from me too!
:thumbup
Just one thing puzzled me, on the English translation, one of the options to select is labelled "Raue", or possible "Rave", which presumably is still German.
"Raue" seems to mean "rough", and "rave" means, well "rave"!
What should it be?
:dubbio:

8 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Just one thing puzzled me, on the English translation, one of the options to select is labelled "Raue", or possible "Rave", which presumably is still German.
"Raue" seems to mean "rough", and "rave" means, well "rave"!
What should it be?

7 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

RAUE is an initialism for Reset Antivirus Update Engine.

RAUE

In this case, pay attention to the uppercase and lowercase letters!

:)

36 minutes ago, XPPOS2009 said:

but the included INFO.TXT file still retains/indicates version 1.6

Between version 1.5 - 1.7 there is no difference in the parameters or functionality. You do not have to worry about it, especially since I create versions for experimental purposes in between. At the moment I hope with the MSE Updater Version 1.7 still a long time MSE on Windows XP x86 with definition updates can be supplied.

:)