Yikes! Firefox Changing Direction

Jody Thornton

You won't be disappointed, trust me. I've been using it ever since Den recommended it to me about 2-3 years ago. Never looked back since! Plus it's pretty much compatible with all FireFox plugins.

5 hours ago, helpdesk98 said:

I am going to have to try this Pale Moon at some point I keep hearing about it here and there. 

Another vote for PaleMoon. Using it is like remembering the Firefox (pre-Australis mainly) that used to be innovative and fun to use.

I began using PM instead of FF when extensions I was using were disabled by the new FF signing enforcement. What is more,  PaleMoon has some of its own extensions, which open up the interface to yet more tweaking and optimising.

I will have to try it when I get home. Is there a version for Linux? Currently I use FF 90% (normal web browsing) and Chrome 10% (Video playback issues with Hulu/Amazon chrome usually works). I am glad to here most FF plugins work that will make the transition easier. 

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Plus it's pretty much compatible with all FireFox plugins.

This may be a problem for some people. In many cases you need to use older versions of addons, as the new ones support only current (usually post-Australis) releases of Firefox. In some cases you need to install Palemoon specific forks, as in case of the HTTPS Everywhere addon. It may be frustrating at times.

There are also many addon incompatibilities when it comes to Palemoon for Android. All the addons I wanted to use did not work at all, and there were no alternatives available :(

• 1 month later...

Good to see the positive reaction to Pale Moon.  I've been a user for two years.

Still the deprecation of plugins and XUL may be an issue for developers of other Gecko based browsers (yes, I know that Pale Moon is now Goanna, but it's all the same... lol).  Seamonkey and K-Meleon's future may be impacted.