Create installable Win2k from a 7-zip download?

Roffen

I downloaded Win2k and unzipped the 7-zip file, and got

Win2k pro files with extensions:

nvram,

vmdk,

vmsd (0 bytes)

vmx and

vmxf

What can I do with them, don't look useful to me.

Lawyers? :huh:

What seems interesting is that apparently MS can't offer Windows 2000 for download due to their settlement with Sun re: the Java lawsuit. Since it also can't be redistributed, this makes the only legal way to acquire the install media is to find a CD with it on there.

Warez indeed. Further, absolutely useless since they are Hard Disk Images and can't be installed since the Install Media (the CD and the I386 folder, just like XP, BTW) is "missing".

A real CD is the ticket. Glad you found one as they are rather scarce.

12 hours ago, submix8c said:

Warez indeed. Further, absolutely useless since they are Hard Disk Images and can't be installed since the Install Media (the CD and the I386 folder, just like XP, BTW) is "missing".

Well, let's say that if we temporarily "suspend" the legal consequences/implications, a hard disk image can normally (with some tweaking) be "applied" and made working alright.

jaclaz

Warez is strictly against forum rules. Please obtain a legal copy of Windows 2000 and if you need help, create a new thread and we'll be more than happy to help. Until then...

Topic LOCKED

Just for reference, Windows 2000 is still available on both eBay and Amazon for reasonable prices, some even still shrink wrapped in their original cases. Be sure to check it out!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Operating-Systems-/11226/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=windows+2000

• Tommy locked this topic