Windows Phone not our focus this year

jaclaz

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/30/11333378/microsoft-windows-phone-windows-mobile-plans

"We're fully committed to that 4-inch screen, there will be a time for it to be our focus, but right now it's part of the family but it's not the core of where I hope to generate developer interest over the next year," explains Myerson. "There's no lack of recognition to realize how important that form factor is, but for Microsoft with Windows and for our platform it's the wrong place for us to lead."

I pushed Myerson on his focus for Windows growth, and he was refreshingly honest about Microsoft's own mobile share. "If you wanted to reach a lot of phone customers, Windows Phone isn't the way to do it," admits Myerson. "If you want to reach a lot of Windows customers, then this is the largest install base of 9 to 30-inch screens. If you wanted to do new and exciting things, then the Xbox and HoloLens is the place to have a discussion."

jaclaz

It sounds as after all this effort making PC UI (since 8 and now more in 10) just as a phone UI, they are now in limbo and they do not know what to do.

Actually they are only trying to copy Google or Apple way of business.

Have anybody hear any news about Nadela the CEO recently?

Perhaps he is thinking in make android phones just to get some money for the company after giving away 10 for "free", I do not think the information selling business is working too good (companies allready have Apple and Google to do that since a long time ago, Why they will need another without any experience in this?, Also Google browser works in all OS's, so they do not need an OS maker to Spy people).

alacran

Edited by alacran
Typo

3 hours ago, alacran said:

Also Google browser works in all OS's, so they do not need an OS maker to Spy people).

... meaning that the spying already takes place within the browser and it would be a duplicate? ;)

jaclaz

On 2/4/2016 at 3:58 AM, jaclaz said:

... meaning that the spying already takes place within the browser and it would be a duplicate? ;)

jaclaz

Well not only Google browser, Facebook, Twitter (I do not use any of them) and also all FREE antivirus do same thing, but in Avast you can disable it if you want (only one with this option), actually it is my felling there are more companies selling info than buyers. MS came late to this business (as usually), they do not do anything new since a long time ago.

Fogot to mention Ubuntu spyware. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/12/richard-stallman-calls-ubuntu-spyware-because-it-tracks-searches/

alacran

Edited by alacran
Link added