Windows 10 runs on 270 million devices!

jaclaz

https://twitter.com/Windows/status/715203695734972416/photo/1

a comment by Nick Taurus and the nice reply by the Windows Team:

Nick Taurus ‏@Nick_Taurus  22h22 hours ago

Long live @Windows 10! I reserved for my free upgrade last year, and there's been no regrets since.

Windows ‏@Windows  21h21 hours ago

@Nick_Taurus Woohoo! That's something we love hearing.

jaclaz

What about the devices it installed on without permission? My long time friend had it install on his computer while he was working the night shift. He comes home, surprise! No internet! His wireless adapter wasn't compatible with Windows 10. I would consider this better if A) Things like that weren't happening and B) People weren't being scared to upgrading to it because of the so called XP Apocalypse and all the "bad" things that can happen if you don't.

Check post by Anne Hurt and reply from Windows Support:

Anne Hurt @whurty · 23 h23 ore fa

@Windows @WindowsUK fix please so I can change windows screen. Also fix so my scanner works again! !!0 Retweet  
Windows Support @WindowsSupport · 3 h3 ore fa

@whurty Hello! Please DM us back so we can further assist you. We'd be glad to help.

So... again with these "look how good our thing is" reports from Microsoft, leave us to wonder where this number comes from. We have speculated in the past that their numbers may include VL and phones. It would be interesting if they are getting this information from their telemetry stuff. If that is the case, then people like @NoelC wouldn't be counted because he blocked all that with his firewall? :dubbio:

Supposedly there Windows 10 for phones only is available on 2 models that were released in Dec 2015, and apparently only "sold" 4.5 million of those.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/28/10858474/microsoft-earnings-report-q2-2016

So even if that number isn't 100% correct, I still don't think phone sales are being figured in. Anyways I doubt any company would say exactly where numbers like this come from. I mean, they put this out to brag about the amount of sales. It is less a news story and more of an advertisement. If they were to break down exactly how the numbers work out, it probably wouldn't be so exciting. I wonder if this would get put into an annual report... :dubbio:

Well I think if you work in MS you and your family members HAVE to use one or you are going to be fired.

I think excluding employees nobody buys MS Phones.

alacran

Edited by alacran

Microsoft itself claims 112,388 worldwide employees (not the 118,000,000 :o that Statista claims) so phones alone could not be it. Even if you were to include the contractors, I doubt it adds that much more.

But I agree with your math. From my own personal experience, 100% of the people I have met that have a Windows phone was a Microsoft employee and 100% of the Microsoft employees I've met have Windows phones. :lol:

I have also run into a couple people who have Android or iPhone and set their phone signature to make you think that they had a Windows phone... :sneaky:

I hope Microsoft counted the Windows 10 Home Insider Preview that is running great on the old Apple computer.  Also, Insider Build 14295 fixed a lot of the problems that have crippled Win 10 on PCs.  Not one of those problems has shown up on the MacBook.  Microsoft, please count on Apple.

4/16/16

Insider MacBook Windows 10 updated cleanly to Build 14316.  Windows 10 works great on this Apple.

Edited by BudwS
Updated information.

11 hours ago, Kelsenellenelvian said:

So three 0.5 percent of the population of the world have been roofied and raped by MS with ten. When are the big class action law suits going to begin?

I can see the possibility for one to be filed relating to HIPAA.

If multiple Windows 10 operating systems are installed as Guests on a virtual machine Host, does Microsoft get to count the multiple copies on that single device?

No doubt!  They would say I'm running at least two Windows 10s, though in actual fact I'm not relying upon my Win 10 VMs for anything useful save for allowing me to make and re-make the informed decision to not "up"grade to it.

-Noel