MSFN Privacy policy change?

JorgeA

In the last few days, twice it's happened to me that the next time I visited MSFN (one time each on two different browsers), I was presented with privacy terms for MSFN before getting to the post that my e-mail notification had told me about.

Did the privacy terms change, and if so, what was the change? I'm not sure why that screen would show up all of a sudden otherwise. :unsure:

Thanks!

--JorgeA

It happenned to me too, I notified Xper through the support link, he said he's working on the issue and I haven't seen it since. Maybe it's a coincidence, it didn't happen to me always, only when there was a long period between my visits (24 hrs?). I wasn't logged off, just asked to accept EULA.

Edited by GrofLuigi

I also saw it, repeatedly.  I had a couple of board pages open in different tabs.  I had to shut down the browser for an unrelated reason, and when I reopened it I had to approve the privacy terms on each tab.

Seems to be gone or resolved now.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

It hasn't happened again to me, as it did to @bphlpt.

Trying other browsers on different computers from which I've logged in to MSFN recently, to see what happens.

--JorgeA

NOW FOR THE LATEST BOARD SOFTWARE STRANGENESS: In Pale Moon, when I typed this reply and went to click on Submit Reply, I noticed that there was NO way to submit the reply! (See first screenshot below.) Instead, I was being shown the previous posts in the thread. And then at the bottom of the page, even though I was already signed in, there was the following notice inviting me to create an account or sign in in order to leave a comment. (See second screenshot below.) :huh:

MSFN PM.jpg

MSFN PM2.jpg

The normal look, of course, is seen in the third screenshot (taken in Firefox):

MSFN FF.jpg

It turns out that somehow I got signed out of the system -- I have no idea how or why, since I didn't click on anything to sign out.

Once I signed back into the Forum, everything looked normal again. :unsure:

--JorgeA

On a somewhat-related note, am noticing under Sea Monkey (version 2.40) on OS X Snow Leopard that the board keeps announcing that it uses cookies to me.

I suppose this is related to the fact that I have No-Script installed and running most of the time for browsing.