nLite 1.4.9.3 consistently crashes near end of finalize step

avamk

Hello,

I have the files from an original retail Windows XP SP3 install disc that I would like to process with nLite 1.4.9.3, with the goal of integrating all updates to date (including Internet Explorer 8 and latest Windows Media Player) followed by removing some componenets that I don't want.

I started by using the RyanVM Integrator 1.6.1b2.1 to include the OnePiece Windows XP Post-SP3 UpdatePack v1.0.7 followed by its "OnePiece Remove AddOn"s to get rid of a few items like Windows Search. I then used nLite to remove more components and did additional tweaks, hoping in the end to put all that into an ISO.

However, during the last stage of using nLite - when it says "Finalizing" after compressing cabinets - it crashes (please see attached screenshot).

At first I thought maybe it is because the install files I fed nLite was processed by RyanVM Integrator 1.6.1b2.1, so I retried the whole process on unprocessed/vanilla Windows XP SP3 files, but nLite crashes at the same stage.

I also tried to run nLite in an existing Windows XP SP3 virtual machine, and it still crashes at the same point.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is the nLite INI file with all my settings:

http://pastebin.com/YQ1p4tqJ

nLite crash on Win 8.1 x64.png