Windows 2000 Professional on the X99 Platform

I used DriverIdentifier to help locate a proper ACPI container driver, so those four problem devices are recognized now, and a Realtek LAN card clears Device Manager.

Dozens of drivers were available; I used NEC ACPI Module Device filename 10q2_vv_acp_01 (version number 1.1.0.1 circa 2009, possibly others would work as well), and this just to identify (as it turns out no real drivers need to be installed).

free at last.PNG

• 1 year later...

Hmm, 1.5 GB in Win 2000 is still better than 920 MB in WinXP SP3 32bit with my MSI X99 setup, i have tried 2 gpus - ATI and Nvidia (old ones).

Edited by ruthan

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

Well their much in msfn

Patche Here ::

This patch is amazing .It does not require usb patches as i tested . you can try one from me. Very stable and i use it everyday.

https://ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10547

Yeah i saw this thread but, where is actual version, its from first post, or is somewhere else, whole long threads are complicated, there is some info about bugs and some fixes in developement.. A i dont know history, so i dont know, if 1 post was reupdated with last patch version or not.

Second question is how to install it, there is not any info / readme, only pack of exe and sys files etc..

Edited by ruthan

10 hours ago, ruthan said:

Yeah i saw this thread but, where is actual version, its from first post, or is somewhere else, whole long threads are complicated, there is some info about bugs and some fixes in developement.. A i dont know history, so i dont know, if 1 post was reupdated with last patch version or not.

Second question is how to install it, there is not any info / readme, only pack of exe and sys files etc..

PM me I will explain. 

• 1 year later...

Update:
Moved to the Intel i7-6950x processor, which apparently uses the same container driver.  Works great.

The operating system is the same as post 1, except I'm using the newer .net framework package from tomasz86 12252016, and for the graphics card I'm now using BWC's nVidia 359.06 for the video and 355.6 for the audio.

HFSLIP_2000 with 7.6 AHCI driver also installs and runs well.  I'll test more with that later, but in the meantime here's how 8.9g AHCI from Blackwingcat and UUR from tomasz86 perform with Physical Address Extension:

W2k-Pro-Benchmarks-04092019.png

This is the highest CrystalMark score I've reached--oddly enough with hyperthreading enabled--higher even than 64-bit XP on NVMe.

@blackwingcat also made a blog post years ago where hyperthreading did provide improved performance on an X58 build (i7-920). It may depend on the platform; many of the hyperthreading issues seem to be associated with P4-era hardware and consumer-grade chipsets.

Workstation and server stuff seems to handle HT on win2k better.

12 minutes ago, win32 said:

@blackwingcat also made a blog post years ago where hyperthreading did provide improved performance on an X58 build (i7-920).

True -- I remember that one.  It may depend on what particular application or benchmark is run, since W2k Pro is not hyperthreading aware (whereas XP, which is hyperthreading aware, seems better "across the board" with HT enabled).