"Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free" blocks the "Review your update history" option on the Microsoft Update webpage?

egrabrych

Whenever I have the program "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free" open and active, I can't use the "Review your update history" option on the properly functioning Microsoft Update webpage. Trying to use this option results in the appearance of the message: [Error number: 0x800A138F], while in the "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free" log there appears the following message: "The VB scripting engine has been blocked from loading in the browser".
d61eB38.jpg

However, it's enough to click the button [Stop Protection] in "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free," and then the "Review your update history" option becomes usable again.
FVFHI5S.jpg

Hence, I have the following question for the fellow users of Windows XP SP3 who also use the program "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free": do you have the same problem too? I should mention that I informed Malwarebytes Support about the problem, and I will post here about the results of my intervention once I receive official response.

Edited by egrabrych

24 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

Does that software allow you to add exceptions?

Global exceptions - YES.

QeT0EiB.jpg

That's enough, but such a solution is not good.

Individual exceptions - not in the Free version.

Using MBAE for quite a time... It has several problems and blocked my browsers (IE and FF) in different updates...

Always might list that on their support forum as a bug, but I guess X is their last priority...

OFC issue reproduces on my XP machine as well.

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

my dear which version of IE , does you wish?

Internet Explorer 8.

20 hours ago, egrabrych said:
 I should mention that I informed Malwarebytes Support about the problem, and I will post here about the results of my intervention once I receive official response.

I received a reply from Malwarebytes Support.

For the free version do the following:
Disable the VB Scripting enforcement under advanced settings → application hardening.

Other settings are included in the licensed version so this will not be added to the free version.

So are two choices:

QeT0EiB.jpg

or the use of the button [Stop Protection] before you use "Review your update history".