Windows 98 USB Flash Drives

JaKSLaP

23 minutes ago, LoneCrusader said:

NUSB...

Always check the Important/Pinned Topics thread first. Your questions may already have answers. :)

OK Thanks,

Sorry about that must have mist it. I usually always check the pinned and search before creating a thread. i have gained alot of info, while building my P4 Win98 machine. 

We hope that the information is useful to you. Windows 98 still has lots of potential so if anything frustrates you, make sure to ask rather than just giving up. :) We'd like to see the 9x community thrive again.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

We hope that the information is useful to you. Windows 98 still has lots of potential so if anything frustrates you, make sure to ask rather than just giving up. :) We'd like to see the 9x community thrive again.

Your right it is very frustrating and not user friendly when comparing to Windows 7. but slowly i am getting better... i only get around 1 and half hours on it a day, cause i work full time and have a family.

i stopped using Windows 98 back in 2002, i was only a teenager and didnt know much besides format install drivers, play games. i just installed the drivers and its great so far, now i can save alot of time instead of burning slow a** DVD-RW.

Yep, there's definitely a lot of things different internally between 98 and 7, that's for sure. One thing I've noticed is if you do get wireless networking to work, sometimes it's a pain in the rear. Mine for some reason once it is leased an IP address, it doesn't always update it so when you go online, it'll show that you're not connected and I have to go into IPCONFIG and renew the IP address for that adapter. But except for the few small drawbacks, I still love using the OS and it's very very fast. I understand working and having a family, those things come first so it's good to see where your priorities are! Even if I still get frustrated with the OS at times but I just calm down, come back to it later, and usually figure out what's wrong with it.

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yep, there's definitely a lot of things different internally between 98 and 7, that's for sure. One thing I've noticed is if you do get wireless networking to work, sometimes it's a pain in the rear. Mine for some reason once it is leased an IP address, it doesn't always update it so when you go online, it'll show that you're not connected and I have to go into IPCONFIG and renew the IP address for that adapter. But except for the few small drawbacks, I still love using the OS and it's very very fast. I understand working and having a family, those things come first so it's good to see where your priorities are! Even if I still get frustrated with the OS at times but I just calm down, come back to it later, and usually figure out what's wrong with it.

What Wifi Dongle are you using

I'm using the Linksys WUSB54g which it seems the utility has a memory hole, but it doesn't really seem to show up on Windows 98 surprisingly. When I used it on 2000, it seemed at times to get so bad that it would bring it to its knees.