Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
halohalo

AMD iCafé Unified Driver for Windows XP 32-bit

Since Dec 2014, AMD has released several iCafé unified drivers for China's internet cafes. Latest XP driver(9.000.300.3010) supports R7 360 and R9 370.

Unfortunately, there is no device ID for R9 290. And I don't know how AMD "optimizes" the driver. I only know most files have been changed, but their version numbers stay the same.

Official download page:

http://support.amd.com/zh-cn/kb-articles/Pages/icafe-unified.aspx

Edited by halohalo
  • Upvote 2

Dangit, no R9 380 drivers :wacko:

Regardless, this is an amazing discovery! New cards (that are on the list) can now use Windows XP (and maybe even Windows 2000 with KernelEx...)

I wonder if there's something for Vista...

I didn't know that!

When I bought an R9 290x, I made drivers myself, but they never worked as I expected...

Thank you for letting us know! ;)

thanks . After little inf moding it is working in R9 Fury

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dibya said:

thanks . After little inf moding it is working in R9 Fury

Wait, you got it working on a Fury with a simple INF mod? I must try it on my GPU aswell, if that is the case!!!

.inf mods are always the 1st thing to try, when the driver refuses to just work: in a lot of cases this is just due to the lack of the proper device ID in the right place and nothing more.

When that approach fails, then things can be difficult.

14 hours ago, dencorso said:

.inf mods are always the 1st thing to try, when the driver refuses to just work: in a lot of cases this is just due to the lack of the proper device ID in the right place and nothing more.

When that approach fails, then things can be difficult.

Tried adding my GPU's device ID to the INF of these drivers and installing on XP, didn't work... Oh well, guess it was too good to be true :(