AMD iCafé Unified Driver for Windows XP 32-bit

halohalo

Since Dec 2014, AMD has released several iCafé unified drivers for China's internet cafes. Latest XP driver(9.000.300.3010) supports R7 360 and R9 370.

Unfortunately, there is no device ID for R9 290. And I don't know how AMD "optimizes" the driver. I only know most files have been changed, but their version numbers stay the same.

Official download page:

http://support.amd.com/zh-cn/kb-articles/Pages/icafe-unified.aspx

Edited by halohalo

.inf mods are always the 1st thing to try, when the driver refuses to just work: in a lot of cases this is just due to the lack of the proper device ID in the right place and nothing more.

When that approach fails, then things can be difficult.

14 hours ago, dencorso said:

.inf mods are always the 1st thing to try, when the driver refuses to just work: in a lot of cases this is just due to the lack of the proper device ID in the right place and nothing more.

When that approach fails, then things can be difficult.

Tried adding my GPU's device ID to the INF of these drivers and installing on XP, didn't work... Oh well, guess it was too good to be true :(

• 3 years later...
On 3/17/2016 at 2:15 PM, Dibya said:

thanks . After little inf moding it is working in R9 Fury

Sorry for reanimation, but there you are... :-)

...at the moment, i have problems running my GTX 970 on my Windows 10, which is triple-boot with XP and W98SE. It runs fine on XP, but W10 just blackscreens. Seems to be an issue between driver, W10, and MoBo. Whatever.

Does anybody still have a link to that driver? AMD killed it on their page...

Do you still have that modded inf-file?

I consider using a R9-nano, until i sort that problem out with my GTX 970, but it has to work with XP... and the other (supported) options, 280 and 280X, are to hot for my machine, and would, especially, grill my soundblaster. The nano looks like a good option, performance-wise, heat, video-ram...

What do you think, is it worth a try?

Edited by ragnargd
Avoiding getting banned...

13 hours ago, ragnargd said:

...at the moment, i have problems running my GTX 970 on my Windows 10, which is triple-boot with XP and W98SE. It runs fine on XP, but W10 just blackscreens. Seems to be an issue between driver, W10, and MoBo. Whatever.

Does anybody still have a link to that driver? AMD killed it on their page...

Do you still have that modded inf-file?

I consider using a R9-nano, until i sort that problem out with my GTX 970, but it has to work with XP... and the other (supported) options, 280 and 280X, are to hot for my machine, and would, especially, grill my soundblaster. The nano looks like a good option, performance-wise, heat, video-ram...

What do you think, is it worth a try?

Over the years I realised that bios is what depends on GPU to work on card's .

It doesn't worth to take risk . R9 Fury used to bsod with icafe driver many times .

Try force installing older driver on windows 10 , new nvidia driver are particularly buggy on 900 & 700 series card

On 1/24/2020 at 1:00 AM, ragnargd said:

If you use the monitor with Displayport 1.4, you have to apply NVIDIA Graphics Firmware Update Tool for DisplayPort 1.3 and 1.4 Displays.

My GTX 960 works on Windows 10 version 1607 with driver R390, so I think you can try different driver branch.

>> @Dibya Your best bet is to get a gtx970

Unfortunately, that is exactly the card i have, and which blackscreens under W10. I have two, actually. And a 710. All to the same effect. Since Windows 190x

Yes, the 1060/70/80 cards are not mentioned in the NVidia driver-files, no matter what the internet says...

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-GeForce-iCafe-Graphics-Driver-36891-for-XP.shtml#download

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-icafe-expresso-368-91-whql-desktop-driver.408957/

@jaclaz

You have always been there when i needed you... ;-)

-------------------

So all in all, the 1070 will be my forever-card in my Gaming-rig, as i assume it will take some time unless the 1070 bows before any game at 1920x1200 ... :)

...but i'm still at a loss on my triple-boot machine... any ideas are welcome.

Well, since the latest driver by NVidia, the GTX 970 is - finally - working again. Chapter closed. Until the next either NVidia Driver -, or Windows Update-Nightmare. Whatever...

(What can I say... Windows XP and Windows 98SE on the same machine run rock-solid... :-D )

Thank you for all your support!

Cheers,

Ragnar G.D.

Edited by ragnargd

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2020 at 7:54 AM, Dibya said:

Over the years I realised that bios is what depends on GPU to work on card's .

It doesn't worth to take risk . R9 Fury used to bsod with icafe driver many times .

Try force installing older driver on windows 10 , new nvidia driver are particularly buggy on 900 & 700 series card

Thread necromancy YAY!

How much of a bsod are we talking about? Is it viable for gaming (aka bsod once in a blue moon) or is it "you won't even exit the games menu" kind of bsod?