Discussion about IPS 4 forum software

xper

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time I have found something, that I fought of 'hm, worth of posting as status update'. Apparently, I'm unable to perform that. Status input box does not appear where it normally does... no, once it did, but when I click into it, I was redirected to profile page. Tried to Disable uBlock Origin for a while with no change.

'Civil' Version of Firefox on Win 7 x64 pro here.

Anyone else is seeing this?

Tried to do it on IE 11 (clean one, no addons, never used) and issue's the same. But, what's more important, I was provided with standard forum colour theme, that disappeared last time (see my previous post).

Disable scripting and reload your profile page. The "Write a public message on your own feed..." will disappear from within the text edit box and a "Submit Status" button will appear under it.

"Enable status updates?" needs to be enabled under "Basic Info" on "Edit Profile" page.

This input field disappeared... Screenshot from IE. However, it disappeared after refreshing the page.

whats.jpg

@jumper: You mean this Edit Profile and Basic Info? No 'Enable Status Updates" here... same FF and IE. Tried disabling Js and any add-ons.

profile.jpg

@NoelC This is how it look in my profile... same FF and IE. Ads on screen to show that uBlock0 is off.

activity.jpg

Yes, that's it. I have an "Enable status updates? [_]" line between the Birthday and Contact Methods lines. I use Seamonkey 2.0.14 which is like FF3.6.

Selecting text from Birthday through Contact Methods, right-click->View Selection Source shows me:

Birthday 
		</label>
	<div class="ipsFieldRow_content">
<select name="bday[month]">
<option value="0" selected="selected"></option>
	<option value="1">January</option>
{ . . . }
	<option value="12">December</option>
</select>
/
<select name="bday[day]">
<option value="0" selected="selected"></option>
	<option value="1">1</option>
{ . . . }
	<option value="31">31</option>
</select>
/
<select name="bday[year]">
<option value="0">Not Telling</option>
	<option value="2016">2016</option>
{ . . . }
	<option value="1866">1866</option>
</select>
	</div>
</li>
<li class="ipsFieldRow ipsClearfix " id="form_enable_status_updates">
		<label class="ipsFieldRow_label" for="enable_status_updates">
			Enable status updates? 
		</label>
	<div class="ipsFieldRow_content">
<input name="enable_status_updates" value="0" type="hidden">
<input role="checkbox" name="enable_status_updates_checkbox" value="1" id="check_enable_status_updates" data-toggle-id="enable_status_updates" checked="checked" aria-checked="true" data-ipstoggle="" type="checkbox">
	</div>
</li>
<li id="form_header_core_pfieldgroups_1">
<h2 class="ipsFieldRow_section">Contact Methods</h2>

You can also try View->Use Style->None on both pages.

Edited by jumper

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

It seems like noone has a solution. I can't say whether it is something totally wrong with IPS or my account or something. Maybe some old settings from previous board versions are spoiling the thing? Or maybe it is some restriction connected with my forum rank or moderation actions taken upon me (on purpose or accidentally)?

I'd like to ask for some response from moderation or administration of the board, before I'll finally give up and say 'can't fix, sorry'.

Can I ask? :rolleyes:

On 21/10/2016 at 5:50 AM, Tommy said:

It showed pink for me earlier on IE11 and then again on Firefox, not sure why it's doing this.

That's because I do upgrade on the fly, without closing site.

8 hours ago, Mcinwwl said:

It seems like noone has a solution. I can't say whether it is something totally wrong with IPS or my account or something. Maybe some old settings from previous board versions are spoiling the thing? Or maybe it is some restriction connected with my forum rank or moderation actions taken upon me (on purpose or accidentally)?

I'm neither an admin or mod, but I'm afraid that I can't replicate your problem.  My situation is the same as Jumper/NoelC.  I can't imagine that it's your MSFN account, and it doesn't appear to be a fault, surprisingly this time, of IPS, so it is most likely some setting or issue on your end. I know that you have said that you have tried both IE and Firefox, but have you also tried any of the various Chrome browsers?  How about creating a new user account and trying the different browsers from there?  If all of those have the same behavior, then it doesn't seem to be a browser setting, but must be a system setting or issue.  The only way to verify that is see if you can log into MSFN using a different computer and see if the behavior is still the same.  A few months back I had some very weird behavior that only affected certain versions of certain browsers and only when trying to access very particular pages - the settings pages.  I was convinced that it was a browser issue, but it wasn't.  The problem only went away by doing an OS reinstall.  Then, using the exact same browsers and settings I had no more problems.  Sometimes there are just weird problems.  Good luck!

Cheers and Regards

Has there been a change recently in the board software or on the MSFN server? E-mail notifications, which had suddenly resumed some weeks ago, have once again stopped sometime in the last week.

--JorgeA

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since Pale Moon updated to version 27, I can't reply to a thread on MSFN. When I click on "reply," the window for posting never finishes appearing, and instead seems to be suspended in midstream:

MSFN on PM.png

Anybody have an idea what could be going on, and what I might do about it?

Cookies are enabled for this site.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

--JorgeA