Forum Upgrade Bugs and Errors Only

xper

One other thing that just stepped on me: where the he|| did the notification popup come from that it's showing on top of my full screen video player while not even Pale Moon X-Notifier addon's popup or POPPeeper's popup have ever dared to disturb me while watching a movie?!? This is too much! I'm outta here!

Edited by Tripredacus
language

2 minutes ago, xper said:

You mean this?

Yes, something like that. :)  With additional standard typeface options, like the previous versions of the board software include.

--JorgeA

Just now, JorgeA said:

Yes, something like that. :)  With additional standard typeface options, like the previous versions of the board software include.

--JorgeA

It's impossible to make editor like old one.

1 minute ago, JorgeA said:

--JorgeA

It's impossible to make editor like old one.

Minor issue - different time formatting.

Announcements (top of the page) have date displayed in US standard Month-Day-Year divided by slash f.e. 3/12/2016, post quotes have it done by default in European Day-Month-Year divided by dot f.e. 12.3.2016, and everywhere else I see Day-Month-Year and month shown as name abbreviation, f. e. 12 Mar 2016. Might be confusing, especially the first two. By design or a bug?

10 minutes ago, Drugwash said:

One other thing that just stepped on my d*ck: where the he|| did the notification popup come from that it's showing on top of my full screen video player while not even Pale Moon X-Notifier addon's popup or POPPeeper's popup have ever dared to disturb me while watching a movie?!? This is too much! I'm outta here!

I remember seeing something about that the first time I logged in today following the board update. I went back into the notification settings, and while it tells me that I've enabled these browser notifications with a big check mark over on the right, I haven't found a way to disable them if so wished. it all happened so fast, I'm not even sure if it was a browser setting or an MSFN account setting.

Don't give up yet -- we'll miss you!

--JorgeA

Possibly not even a bug, BUT (sorry if I raise the issue, I know that the new thingy has put a heavy burden on your shoulders, xper):

If you click on the Unread content, the "Stream" coming out will have a list of posts where a teeny-tiny (in the sense of reduced target to click on) star or dot on THE LEFT of the thread title will have the "right" link *like*:

hxxp://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175325-forum-upgrade-bugs-and-errors-only/?do=getNewComment

that will resolve to something *like*:

hxxp://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175325-forum-upgrade-bugs-and-errors-only/?page=4#comment-1120591

while if you click on the actual thread title, the link is to:

hxxp://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175311-ips-41-upgrade-issues/

i.e. first page of the thread.

On the other hand if, once you have clicked on "UNread Comments" you go up (by clicking on Activity, on the top left, on Home > Activity > Unread Content) you open another "Stream", BUT this time the actual thread title will have a link to:

hxxp://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175325-forum-upgrade-bugs-and-errors-only/?do=findComment&comment=1120591

which will as well resolve to

hxxp://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175325-forum-upgrade-bugs-and-errors-only/?page=4#comment-1120591

It seems clear (to me) that this latter is what most people would want to get (going to the cited post and not to the thread) :unsure: the "previous incarnation" allowed easier choice between going to the thread or to the last post in it.

jaclaz

1 hour ago, xper said:

Browser notification. Disable it.

notify.png

notify.png

Just for the record -- it was @Drugwash who wrote that paragraph, not me.

But thanks for the info, that should help Drugwash (and it was educational for me).

--JorgeA

53 minutes ago, JorgeA said:

Just for the record -- it was @Drugwash who wrote that paragraph, not me.

But thanks for the info, that should help Drugwash (and it was educational for me).

--JorgeA

That notification thing, is part of the new builds of Firefox at least. More and more sites that support that option will be making this notification. I suspect the sound that is made when I visit the forum is saved in a browser setting as well. And annoyingly enough, even though I had disabled that setting when Firefox updated to whatever version that was (It told me about that feature when I opened the browser the first time) every site that supports it still prompts me about it. Its too bad I let my Firefox update on this computer, my other one (Palemoon) with updates disabled doesn't support or ask about this silly "feature."

• xper locked this topic
  • xper unpinned this topic