Question how to create single iso from E2B removable usb

son13wo33

my point firstly no problem creating E2B removable usb containing the following ISOs:
window 7-windows 8-windows 10-two linux distros-PE3-rescue(made by macrium reflect)-ubcd533
secondly what i need:
how to create one single iso from E2B removable usb with all contents could someone help me
any help would be appricated

• xper changed the title to Question how to create single iso from E2B removable usb

8 hours ago, son13wo33 said:

my point firstly no problem creating E2B removable usb containing the following ISOs:
window 7-windows 8-windows 10-two linux distros-PE3-rescue(made by macrium reflect)-ubcd533
secondly what i need:
how to create one single iso from E2B removable usb with all contents could someone help me
any help would be appricated

How big in size would the .iso be?

Would it fit on a DVD?

WHY (exactly) do you want or *need* the USB "converted" to .iso?

jaclaz

17 minutes ago, son13wo33 said:

iso size will be about 17 GB and so no dvd

convert usb to iso to make it as cd no viruses no damage

With all due respect, NO.

If a .iso is saved on a writable media it is vulnerable to viruses or to "damage".

If you want something "immune" to virus or damage you need to make your (presumably) USB stick READ ONLY, something that is sometimes possible using the "Manufacturer Tool" of the stick (it depends on the controller on the stick).

Besides some (many) of the Linux .iso's (as configured by Easy2boot) boot through a mechanism that requires write access to the USB stick (as Easy2USB needs to write some partition info on 4th partition table entry).

Conversely, Easy2boot is a (complex) set of instructions that automates the creation of a bootable USB stick, the result CANNOT be "easily" converted to a bootable .iso, you would need Steve6375 (or someone else) to write an equally complex set of instructions to "decompose" the result of Easy2boot at which point it would be easier to create a tool that directly assembles the .iso's into a HUGE one and that provides an "external" way to boot once saved to USB stick as .iso.

You are asking for something that doesn't exist and it is far from trivial, besides NOT actually resolving the issue.

jaclaz

40 minutes ago, son13wo33 said:

Linux.iso's requires write access to the USB stick then making USB stick READ ONLY will be useless,
secondly how can i communicate with Steve6375...finally thanks for good info

NO, not at all, otherwise how they could work from CD or DVD?

Some Linux .iso's MAY need write access to the USB stick, but not all of them.

Secondly, what about the tool's site?

http://www.easy2boot.com/

http://www.easy2boot.com/forum/

Not exactly "hidden" info.

jaclaz

I have quickly tested OSCDIMG and MKISOFS and made a batch file (Wonko could probably do better!) here. I tested it by converting a bootable grub4dos USB flash drive to an ISO and it seemed to work on a DOS IMG and also booting XP setup and Win7 Winpe from an ISO inside the main ISO  by steve 6375

source:

http://reboot.pro/topic/16164-is-there-a-program-method-to-make-iso-image-from-bootable-usb/

13 minutes ago, son13wo33 said:

I have quickly tested OSCDIMG and MKISOFS and made a batch file (Wonko could probably do better!) here. I tested it by converting a bootable grub4dos USB flash drive to an ISO and it seemed to work on a DOS IMG and also booting XP setup and Win7 Winpe from an ISO inside the main ISO  by steve 6375

source:

http://reboot.pro/topic/16164-is-there-a-program-method-to-make-iso-image-from-bootable-usb/

You are quoting an old post (and batch) by Steve6375 and Wonko (the Sane) already stated how likely he couldn't do much better, still this has nothing to do with the original question, which is about converting an Easy2boot stick to .iso (something the batch won't do or won't do correctly), as the scope of the batch is to create a grub4dos bootable .iso from a "plain" grub4dos bootable USB stick, AND:

http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/makegrub4dosiso

Also, be aware that your grub4dos menu.lst file may need modifying because your files will be on a CD and not a 'hard disk' when the ISO boots. Therefore if you have any commands which expect two hard disks to be present, i.e. (hd0) and (hd1), or you have hard coded the payload files as (hd0,0)/xxxx, or if you have excluded CD's from any file 'find' commands used in the menu, then when you boot from an ISO you cannot expect these to work! You can use () or (bd) as a device name for the boot device or just use / in your menus.

jaclaz

Wouldn't a better approach been make a bootable USB with G4D to dynamically "load" individual ISO files, thus having the DVD-size Images "protected"? Then only the "basic" USB stuff would be susceptible to "viruses". That's the method I used (from RMprepUSB site). Tutorial 21 and Tutorial 43... :unsure: It seemingly makes no sense to "merge" all of the OS into one large ISO when one per OS would suffice.