New Forum How-To's

Tripredacus

First post seems important, how to view content? The unread content button up top is really the place to change your stream settings now, because by default it probably shows you more than you want to see. Above that on the main menu bar is an Activity button. That is where you get to see your custom content views. Here are a couple pics:

streams1_zpsc8gxavdz.jpg

streams2_zps7pcvjlw2.jpg

Thanks for the pointers so far...  I've made "Threads Since Last Visit" and "Threads I've Posted In" streams.

Unfortunately, the latter shows all recent posts for each thread, even in "condensed view". 

All I want to see is the titles of all the threads that I've posted in, sorted by the date of the most recent posting by anyone in the thread.  This is what I had before, and I'm not seeing how to do that with the new forum software yet.

-Noel

• xper changed the title to New Forum How-To's
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Tripredacus said:

First post seems important, how to view content? The unread content button up top is really the place to change your stream settings now, because by default it probably shows you more than you want to see. Above that on the main menu bar is an Activity button. That is where you get to see your custom content views. Here are a couple pics:

streams1_zpsc8gxavdz.jpg

streams2_zps7pcvjlw2.jpg

How does one view those JPG files?

--JorgeA

4 minutes ago, bphlpt said:

I'm confused, you mean the ones that are in both yours and Trip's posts?

Cheers and Regards

Yes, exactly. Their filenames begin with "streams1" and "streams2". And there's something at the bottom of your own post that reads "yEv6k.jpg". :unsure:

--JorgeA

Edited by JorgeA
typo

5 hours ago, JorgeA said:

Yes, exactly. Their filenames begin with "streams1" and "streams2". And there's something at the bottom of your own post that reads "yEv6k.jpg". :unsure:

--JorgeA

The images are hosted on photobucket :
hxxp://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k63/Tripredacus/streams2_zps7pcvjlw2.jpg

and often that doesn't play well with all browsers. (it's OK with Chrome derivatives and QTWeb, but not with my Opera).
Welcome to the new internet, where after years of standardization everything is more difficult, incompatible or both.

jaclaz

6 minutes ago, jaclaz said:
6 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

and often that doesn't play well with all browsers. (it's OK with Chrome derivatives and QTWeb, but not with my Opera).

Welcome to the new internet, where after years of standardization everything is more difficult, incompatible or both.

jaclaz

jaclaz

The problem is, there is no URL, let alone a hyperlink underline. All it looks like to me is the isolated filename of a JPG file: I am shown no way to view the file.

Here's a screenshot of what Trip's and bphlpt's JPG files look like on my monitor:

(Well, OK, I can't figure out how to make the screenshot show up embedded in the post. It doesn't show up when I click on "Preview Post".)

--JorgeA

MSFN no links.png

(OK, somehow the screenshot did show up correctly.)

Edited by JorgeA

2 minutes ago, JorgeA said:

The problem is, there is no URL, let alone a hyperlink underline. All it looks like to me is the isolated filename of a JPG file: I am shown no way to view the file.

Here's a screenshot of what Trip's and bphlpt's JPG files look like on my monitor:

I know how they look as they look the same (actually only Trip's ones, I can see bphlpt's ones fine) in my Opera.

The issue is most probably a combination of the browser you are using with the stupid board software (or whatever, like ad blockers, security suites, etc.).

Try getting this (ENTIRELY PORTABLE and small sized, though possibly having some limits):

http://www.qtweb.net/

and use it to browse the site, can you see those images with it?

How do you think I managed to get the full link?

jaclaz

1 minute ago, jaclaz said:

I know how they look as they look the same (actually only Trip's ones, I can see bphlpt's ones fine) in my Opera.

The issue is most probably a combination of the browser you are using with the stupid board software (or whatever, like ad blockers, security suites, etc.).

Try getting this (ENTIRELY PORTABLE and small sized, though possibly having some limits):

http://www.qtweb.net/

and use it to browse the site, can you see those images with it?

How do you think I managed to get the full link?

jaclaz

I have no idea how you managed to get the full link.

I'm using Pale Moon (fully up to date) to view MSFN. It's ridiculous that the board software would not work properly on a modern browser.

Will try that portable browser you suggest, but it would be tedious and annoying as all h3ll to have to open a dedicated browser just to view MSFN properly.

--JorgeA

All right, Trip's images do show up in QtWeb. Thanks, jaclaz.

The question now becomes, how to make them display properly in Pale Moon.

--JorgeA

UPDATE: Well, what do you know -- when this page refreshed after submitting this post, both Trip's and bphlpt's images showed up.

Edited by JorgeA
additional info