Convert USB printer to Wireless Printer for Droid Tablets

I have a laptop running Windows XP SP4, with a Canon IP6000D connected to it. I want to avoid buying new hardware and would like to make this a network printer for my tablets as well. How do I do this?

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

The XP "Network Setup Wizard...will help you...Share a printer". Once you "Turn on file and printer sharing", "any files or printer you have shared are now available for other to use."

How do you connect the LG tablet to the printer? Maybe you need to specifically enable networking and/or wi-fi on the tablet.

It may also be a fault of the app, if no other similar devices can actually print using the same app.

I'm not sure if there's any special permissions needed network-wise.

You may try an USB-to-Ethernet adapter for the tablet, see if a wired connection would allow you to print. That may offer a hint as to whose fault is for the current printing inability.

Slightly off-topic: you'd be better off with a network printer that could be connected to the router via ethernet or wi-fi to avoid the necessity of powering on/off your laptop in order to print from other devices.

Slightly off-topic: you'd be better off with a network printer that could be connected to the router via ethernet or wi-fi to avoid the necessity of powering on/off your laptop in order to print from other devices.

I've found this to be a more convenient and reliable method as well.  And no extra hardware is required if your router has enough ports.  If it doesn't, then adding a 4 or 8 port switch, (for a printing application it doesn't even need to be a very fast one), is not very expensive and can then continue to be used in many situations making it quite cost effective in the long run.

Cheers and Regards

I have a direct connection from the router to the XBOX 360 for streaming. Because the router/modem Cisco DCP3825 needs the cable line for my internet to work. This is all hooked up to the TV, so I need a wireless solution.

post-75997-0-50342400-1457117964_thumb.p

I can login to the WinXP computer through VPN and Remote Desktop from the tablet, but I can't print.

post-75997-0-50342400-1457117964_thumb.p

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD