Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

WinClient5270

Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

Also, looks like Firefox derivatives have already begun to drop support for Vista with the EOL of Firefox 52 ESR: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

Tor Browser v8.0 now requires Windows 7 or later as it is now based on Firefox 60 ESR. Probably won't be long before SeaMonkey (stable) drops support as well. If anyone is still using these browsers on Vista/XP, there's no better time than now to switch over to one of @roytam1's browsers, such as New Moon... Crazy to think that these are pretty much the only browsers that still receive updates on Vista/XP... :(

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 11:46 PM, WinClient5270 said:

If anyone is still using these browsers on Vista/XP, there's no better time than now to switch over to one of @roytam1's browsers, such as New Moon... Crazy to think that these are pretty much the only browsers that still receive updates on Vista/XP... :(

Yet a lot of people on other boards (like Vista Forums and the Pale Moon Forum) seem weary of them.  @roytam1 should clear the air with these guys, so that they'll embrace these options.

@roytam1 and feodor2 are taking the trouble to compile and keep up-to-date and debugged the only real options of browsers for Vista and XP. And they're doing it for free (= gratis) just because they want to help and support the people's right to choose their OSes freely. If there is sheeple willing to ignore that and move on, despite their generous gifts, it's too bad for those sheeple, but I, for one, think neither ought to give half a damn about that. Just my 2¢, of course.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dencorso said:

@roytam1 and feodor2 are taking the trouble to compile and keep up-to-date and debugged the only real options of browsers for Vista and XP. And they're doing it for free (= gratis) just because they want to help and support the people's right to choose their OSes freely. If there is sheeple willing to ignore that and move on, despite their generous gifts, it's too bad for those sheeple, but I, for one, think neither ought to give half a d*** about that. Just my 2¢, of course.

Naw I hear ya!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 7:37 PM, Sampei.Nihira said:

The last version of Noscript classic is 5.1.8.7:

https://noscript.net/getit

NoScript Classic has been updated to fix a vulnerability that allows full bypass of Tor Browser older than v8.0.

:hello:

Many thanks @Sampei.Nihira . FF 52 ESR stopped updating NS at v5.1.8.4. I would have missed this update had it not been for your post, and this thread :cool: .

@WinClient5270 , Huge thanks also, for creating and maintaining this awesome thread! And the same to those who've contributed to it :thumbup .

• Upvote 1