Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

WinClient5270

SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO THE LIST FOR SEPTEMBER 19, 2017:

• Rearranged some existing misalphabetized items.
  • Increased the font size of subsection headers from 12 to 14 for easier reading, and color-coded them (purple) for easy distinguishing between main section headers.
  • Added BleachBit to (ONG) "System cleanup, management, and analysis" section.
  • Added dBpoweramp: CD Ripper to (ONG) "Optical disk media management software" section.
  • Added Asset UPnP audio server, dBpoweramp: MP3 Converter, and PerfectTUNES to (ONG) "Audio creation/editing tools" section.
  • Removed Open Broadcaster software from ONG section.
  • Added OBS Classic 0.659b to "Music/video streaming software" section.
  • Added OBS Studio 18.0.2 to "Music/video streaming software" section. This may be removed (and OBS Studio placed in the ONG section) in the future if Vista support is added back (the OBS homepage claims Vista is still supported), but as of right now, OBS Studio versions 19.0 and onward aren't compatible with Vista due to missing dependencies and will not launch at all. I will post a complaint about this on the OBS forum and wait for a response. Whatever happens will be posted here when it happens.
Edited by 2008WindowsVista

11 hours ago, 2008WindowsVista said:

SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO THE LIST FOR SEPTEMBER 19, 2017:

• Rearranged some existing misalphabetized items.
  • Increased the font size of subsection headers from 12 to 14 for easier reading, and color-coded them (purple) for easy distinguishing between main section headers.
  • Added BleachBit to (ONG) "System cleanup, management, and analysis" section.
  • Added dBpoweramp: CD Ripper to (ONG) "Optical disk media management software" section.
  • Added Asset UPnP audio server, dBpoweramp: MP3 Converter, and PerfectTUNES to (ONG) "Audio creation/editing tools" section.
  • Removed Open Broadcaster software from ONG section.
  • Added OBS Classic 0.659b to "Music/video streaming software" section.
  • Added OBS Studio 18.0.2 to "Music/video streaming software" section. This may be removed (and OBS Studio placed in the ONG section) in the future if Vista support is added back (the OBS homepage claims Vista is still supported), but as of right now, OBS Studio versions 19.0 and onward aren't compatible with Vista due to missing dependencies and will not launch at all. I will post a complaint about this on the OBS forum and wait for a response. Whatever happens will be posted here when it happens.

Can you give the link of the forum complaint? :)

3 hours ago, dork said:

Really weird how Firefox ESR 64-bit requires Windows 7 or above. There is nothing extended about it's support since it's just like the normal releases.

Now That You Mention It, I will try to get it on My Vista 64bit :D

Edit : https://imgur.com/a/JE8Db

Edited by burd

27 minutes ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Do tell how you got it working :)

The good old modification way :P

Download the 64bit ESR Version and Extract It,Now look inside the Extracted Folder There Will Be A Folder Called Core,Open It And You Will Notice the Firefox Application In There, Now This Executable Files SubSystem Version And OS Version Needs To Be Changed From 6.1 To 6.0 To Run It, Otherwise You Get A Win32 Application Error.

Once you Change Those Values It Should Work Like the 32Bit ESR Version Which is Forcibly Given By Default. ( I Use PEMaker)

Edited by burd

Thanks 2008WindowsVista your youtube videos are also really useful especially if you can upload it whenever something it's broken in the routine by MS (as some superseeded new KB entries). It would be very appreciated if you extend the video after EOL,  including the speed-up patches for Office 07/10 verifying its working. 

Sorry for the inactivity, everyone. I was recently injured in a car accident and I've been recovering from that for the past week, so I haven't been online much at all. Thanks for understanding.

21 hours ago, burd said:

@2008WindowsVista There Seem to Be 2  Game Distribution Columns, please kindly merge them :)

Game Distributions
Steam
Origin

Origin 2015 is the last version of the Origin client to support Windows Vista, which is why it's separated from Steam (which continues to support Vista - even XP). Do later versions of Origin work on Vista (albeit unofficially)? If so, I'll gladly move it to the ONG section with Steam as an UNS option.

13 hours ago, Vistaboy said:

Thanks 2008WindowsVista your youtube videos are also really useful especially if you can upload it whenever something it's broken in the routine by MS (as some superseeded new KB entries). It would be very appreciated if you extend the video after EOL,  including the speed-up patches for Office 07/10 verifying its working. 

You're very welcome, and thanks for the positive feedback. I'm glad you find my videos useful and will take your suggestions into consideration. :)

SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO THE LIST FOR SEPTEMBER 24/OCTOBER 3, 2017:

September 24th:
Removed Epic Browser from ONG section and added Epic Browser v.58.0.3300.190 as the final version of the browser to work with Vista.

October 3rd:
Added Speedtest App in (ONG) "System Management, cleanup, and analysis" section.

Edited by 2008WindowsVista