Disc burning or mounting software:

DAEMON Tools Pro v7.0 ($$$, CS) - last Vista/XP supported version

UltraISO ($$$, CS) - still supported

Multimedia:

PowerDVD 15 ($$$, CS) - last supported version

DVD/BD rippers:

AnyDVD HD ($$$, CS) - still supported

DVDFab ($$$, CS) - still supported

Thanks for the additions, sanszajnrege. Added them to the list.

SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO THE LIST FOR JULY 31, 2017:

• Renamed (ONG) "Video/photo editing software" section to "Video/photo editing tools" to better describe what is contained within the section.
  • Renamed (ONG) "Audio editing software" section to "Audio creation/editing tools" to better describe what is contained within the section. This change also helps to accommodate a wider range of software pertaining to that genre. 
  • Renamed (ONG) "Disc burning or mounting software" section to "Optical disc media management software" to better describe what is contained within the section. This change also helps to accommodate a wider range of software pertaining to that genre.
  • Added DAEMON Tools Pro v7.0 to "Misc. Software Utilities" section.
  • Added PowerDVD 15 to "Multimedia" section.
  • Added AnyDVD HD, DVDFab, Express Burn, Express Rip, Golden Records, and UltraISO to (ONG) "Optical disc media management software" section.
  • Added CardWorks Business Card Designer, Disketch Disc Label Software, DrawPad Graphic Editor, PhotoPad, PhotoStage, and Pixillion to (ONG) "Video/photo editing tools" section.
  • Added Crescendo, MixPad, PitchPerfect, RecordPad, SoundTap, Switch, Voxal, WavePad, and Zulu to (ONG) "Audio creation/editing tools" section.
  • Added DreamPlan Home Design, MeshMagic, and Spin 3D Mesh Converter to (ONG) "2D/3D Modeling software" section.
  • Added important information regarding the future of OneDrive support. Support for Windows Vista and Server 2008 ends on November 1, 2017. This is confirmed by a member of the OneDrive team here.
  • Rearranged some existing misalphabetized items.
Edited by 2008WindowsVista

17 hours ago, 2008WindowsVista said:

SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO THE LIST FOR JULY 31, 2017:

• Renamed (ONG) "Video/photo editing software" section to "Video/photo editing tools" to better describe what is contained within the section.
  • Renamed (ONG) "Audio editing software" section to "Audio creation/editing tools" to better describe what is contained within the section. This change also helps to accommodate a wider range of software pertaining to that genre. 
  • Renamed (ONG) "Disc burning or mounting software" section to "Optical disc media management software" to better describe what is contained within the section. This change also helps to accommodate a wider range of software pertaining to that genre.
  • Added DAEMON Tools Pro v7.0 to "Misc. Software Utilities" section.
  • Added PowerDVD 15 to "Multimedia" section.
  • Added AnyDVD HD, DVDFab, Express Burn, Express Rip, Golden Records, and UltraISO to (ONG) "Optical disc media management software" section.
  • Added CardWorks Business Card Designer, Disketch Disc Label Software, DrawPad Graphic Editor, PhotoPad, PhotoStage, and Pixillion to (ONG) "Video/photo editing tools" section.
  • Added Crescendo, MixPad, PitchPerfect, RecordPad, SoundTap, Switch, Voxal, WavePad, and Zulu to (ONG) "Audio creation/editing tools" section.
  • Added DreamPlan Home Design, MeshMagic, and Spin 3D Mesh Converter to (ONG) "2D/3D Modeling software" section.
  • Added important information regarding the future of OneDrive support. Support for Windows Vista and Server 2008 ends on November 1, 2017. This is confirmed by a member of the OneDrive team here.
  • Rearranged some existing misalphabetized items.

Why are the EOL dates removed, i dont see them anymore the ones in big on the 1st main page

Logitech Gaming Software 8.94.108 Still working on vista

Edited by burd

11 hours ago, burd said:

Why are the EOL dates removed, i dont see them anymore the ones in big on the 1st main page

Logitech Gaming Software 8.94.108 Still working on vista

I mentioned this in the July 13, 2017 sum of changes. I decided to remove them because I found them irrelevant and unnecessary. Most people viewing this list more than likely want to see if their favorite software still supports Vista, or if it doesn't, they probably want to know the final version that does. Like I said before, I don't want this list to be a vehicle for Microsoft's OS lifecycle policy. 

Thanks for the information about Logitech Gaming Software, I will update the list to reflect that. 

1 minute ago, 2008WindowsVista said:

I mentioned this in the July 13, 2017 sum of changes. I decided to remove them because I found them irrelevant and unnecessary. Most people viewing this list more than likely want to see if their favorite software still supports Vista, or if it doesn't, they probably want to know the final version that does. Like I said before, I don't want this list to be a vehicle for Microsoft's OS lifecycle policy. 

Aah i see,must've missed that post. :)

SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO THE LIST FOR AUGUST 1, 2017:

• Updated Logitech Gaming Software entry to v8.94.108
  • Added VRS Recording System to (ONG) "Audio creation/editing tools" section.
  • Added Doxillion File Converter to (ONG) "File management" section.
  • Added Fling FTP to (ONG) "FTP clients" section.
  • Added a new (ONG) section: "Invoicing, finance, and business management".
  • Added ClickCharts Diagram & Flowchart, Copper Point of Sales, Express Accounts, Express Invoice, FlexiServer Productivity & Attendance, Inventoria Inventory, MoneyLine Personal Finance, and Reflect CRM Customer Database to (ONG) "Invoicing, finance, and business management" section.
  • Added a new (ONG) section: "Speech Recognition software".
  • Added Express Dictate Digital Dictation to (ONG) "Speech Recognition software" section.
  • Added Orion File Recovery to (ONG) "System management, cleanup, and analysis" section.
Edited by 2008WindowsVista

On 8/6/2017 at 0:11 PM, burd said:

@2008WindowsVista Hey could you maybe checkup on waterfox's status, whether if they are making a legacy release or junked the idea? :)

I'm not sure... I'll probably give it a couple more months or so, and if no obvious progress has been made by then, I'll ask on the thread I made a couple of months ago regarding Waterfox 54 compatibility.

This is somewhat off topic, but since my motherboard died on me after getting damaged in a power surge, I decided to invest in higher-end Ivy Bridge hardware so I could run a wider range of operating systems, namely Vista. After rebuilding the machine, I installed Vista and have decided to use it as my main OS once again, for the first time since 2015. There are no weird startup errors or failed services as I experienced with running the OS on Haswell-based hardware. As such, I'll be able to test software natively (instead of using VMware), so hopefully everyone's submissions to the list will be added more quickly from now on.

If you ask me, those seeking to run Vista on semi-modern hardware (natively) should consider investing in Sandy or Ivy Bridge - they're simply less troublesome to deal with when running Vista, and (Vista) driver support is definitely superior. The symptoms experienced when running Vista on Haswell+ are just extremely annoying to deal with, and there's really no way to work around them unless you don't mind having to reboot several times to get a stable session of the OS going, or if you just don't reboot that often. I still am stumped as to what causes this bug, and why only Vista is affected, but I've pretty much accepted that it's never going to get fixed and that using older (not necessarily inferior) hardware is going to be the best way to go at this point.

Anyway, getting back on topic: since the sum of changes for Aug. 8 is so small, I'll simply consolidate it with this post:

SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO THE LIST FOR AUGUST 8, 2017:

• Added Microsoft Mathematics Add-In for Word and OneNote to "Additional Microsoft software" section.
  • Added Logmein Hamachi to (ONG) "VPN Clients" section.

1 hour ago, 2008WindowsVista said:

If you ask me, those seeking to run Vista on semi-modern hardware (natively) should consider investing in Sandy or Ivy Bridge

Ditto for XP. And Sandy or Ivy Bridges are still pretty powerful for day-to-day use and much less expensive than razor-edge hardware. :thumbup

14 hours ago, 2008WindowsVista said:

This is somewhat off topic, but since my motherboard died on me after getting damaged in a power surge, I decided to invest in higher-end Ivy Bridge hardware so I could run a wider range of operating systems, namely Vista. After rebuilding the machine, I installed Vista and have decided to use it as my main OS once again, for the first time since 2015. There are no weird startup errors or failed services as I experienced with running the OS on Haswell-based hardware. As such, I'll be able to test software natively (instead of using VMware), so hopefully everyone's submissions to the list will be added more quickly from now on.

If you ask me, those seeking to run Vista on semi-modern hardware (natively) should consider investing in Sandy or Ivy Bridge - they're simply less troublesome to deal with when running Vista, and (Vista) driver support is definitely superior. The symptoms experienced when running Vista on Haswell+ are just extremely annoying to deal with, and there's really no way to work around them unless you don't mind having to reboot several times to get a stable session of the OS going, or if you just don't reboot that often. I still am stumped as to what causes this bug, and why only Vista is affected, but I've pretty much accepted that it's never going to get fixed and that using older (not necessarily inferior) hardware is going to be the best way to go at this point.

Anyway, getting back on topic: since the sum of changes for Aug. 8 is so small, I'll simply consolidate it with this post:

SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO THE LIST FOR AUGUST 8, 2017:

• Added Microsoft Mathematics Add-In for Word and OneNote to "Additional Microsoft software" section.
  • Added Logmein Hamachi to (ONG) "VPN Clients" section.

Im using vista on skylake but since the booting time is so fast it doesnt really matter to have another reboot but, the errors are annoying though truly,i hope someday someone makes a fix for it :(

7 hours ago, burd said:

Im using vista on skylake but since the booting time is so fast it doesnt really matter to have another reboot but, the errors are annoying though truly,i hope someday someone makes a fix for it :(

I used Vista on my MSI Z97 PC Mate/4790k build for several months. Each boot had a 50/50 chance of success. Even more troubling, the OS began to break after a few months of usage. Eventually I couldn't even use ClearType rendering. Updates would also fail and revert back to previous state. That very well may have just been the hard drive though. I'm very curious as to how Vista is with your config? I may get a spare SSD and give it another whirl.

To the OP, @2008WindowsVista:

Would you mind testing the TorGuard VPN client under Vista? It uses OpenVPN and a Chromium based wrapper for the client GUI. Secondly, Planet Explorers (indie sandbox game). There is a free demo. It doesn't officially support Windows Vista, however I've used older builds back in 2015/16 with success after installing the required dependencies and disabling OpenCL. https://steamcommunity.com/app/237870/discussions/0/540735426811547416/

All efforts to preserve the OS and provide support to other users is very much appreciated :)

Edited by 11ryanc