Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

WinClient5270

On 10/19/2019 at 4:51 PM, AlexJ2245 said:

I have discovered that the 2016 versions of 3dsMax, Maya and Mudbox work on Windows Vista by editing the MSI installer using Orca.

524704214_3autodeskproductsvista.thumb.PNG.ca65e2574e940e42d63acfe33b411ebb.PNG

What you have to do is navigate to C:\Autodesk and into your 2016 versions of either 3dsMax, Maya or Mudbox. Then, enter into the folder of either x86 or x64 (depends on you Windows architecture version) and into the folder named after the program you want to install. In my case it is "max".

3dsmax.png

Right click on "3dsMax.msi" and click "Edit with Orca". Finally, scroll down to "LaunchCondition", then right-click and click drop table. Save, close and proceed to install the program.

orca.jpg

I recommend that you have Vista completely up to date with Service packs, Platform updates and .NET.

Orca download = https://www.technipages.com/downloads/OrcaMSI.zip

3DS Max no running, closed........

On 10/17/2020 at 9:56 AM, Vistapocalypse said:

Thanks for that!

I see you were interested in the thread about a PCSX2 backport for XP. We have a short list of Console Emulators in the original post of this thread that shows PCSX2 support for vanilla Vista as ONGoing. I wonder if that is still true of v1.6.0 considering minimum system requirements now call for Windows 7 or newer? (If not, then either the backport for XP or extended kernel for Vista may be needed now.) Looks like the BIOS file from a PS2 console is needed. I’m not a gamer and don’t have a PS2, and in any case my old Vista hardware seems to be on its last legs these days. :(

I could confirm that PCSX2 v1.6.0 was working on my "vanilla" Windows Vista SP2 Business 6.0.6003 (mostly up-to-date to Dec 2020 patches except for IE updates cannot be installed for some weird reason and neither latest .net 4.6 patches which requires a "payment") x64 virtual machine. I just need some time to get that installed back to my virtual machine and try running some .iso games - I currently don't have time for it now.

Edited by g_m_1990_
minor update

Oh, and I should say yay, Qihoo 360 Chrome Browser (formerly called Extreme Browser) now is updated to version 13, and it is having Chromium 86. Too bad it only has x86 builds. There's no repack for this version yet, but you can turn off some settings like ads pop-ups at least so that it won't bother you.

Maxthon 6 no longer supports Vista. :( Sad. Maybe I need to install extended kernel some day...

Capturenn.JPG

@Vistapocalypse Screenshots for running PCSX2 1.6.0 under my Windows Vista virtual machine. First screenshot is booting up NTSC-JP BIOS, and the second one is running an actual game (Rule of Rose, NTSC-JP version) on VMWare's virtual DVD-ROM drive.

There's slight flashing issue when on real-time 3D rendering scenes and I assume that's hardware limitation of VMWare's 3D GPU - All pre-rendered cut-scenes and menus are working smoothly.

Capture_ntsc.JPG

Capture_ror.JPG

Edited by g_m_1990_

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2016 at 7:01 AM, WinClient5270 said:

Hard Drive Utilities:

• Windows Vista/2008 do NOT support TRIM for SSDs without third party software.

AOMEI Partition Assistant Lite (FREECSONG) Supports both client & Server Windows versions (Windows 2000 and up).

AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional ($$$CSONG) For client versions of Windows (such as Vista) only. Windows Server operating systems (such as Server 2008) aren't supported.

AOMEI Partition Assistant - Server & Unlimited editions ($$$CSONG) Supports both client & Server Windows versions (Windows 2000 and up).

AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard (FREECSONG) For client versions of Windows (such as Vista) only. Windows Server operating systems (such as Server 2008) aren't supported.

DAEMON Tools Lite v10.2 ($$$CS) Free version with reduced functionality is available for download from FileHippo here.

DAEMON Tools Pro v7.0 ($$$CS) A download link (for the trial version) is unavailable; sorry for the inconvenience.

Diskeeper 12 Pro ($$$CS

Diskeeper 16 Home Edition ($$$CSONG)

EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free (FREECSONG)

EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional ($$$CSONG)

EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Technician ($$$CSONG)

EaseUS Partition Master Free (FREECSONG)

EaseUS Partition Master Professional ($$$CSONG)

EaseUS Partition Master Enterprise ($$$CSONG)

EaseUS Todo Backup Free (FREECSONG)

EaseUS Todo Backup Home ($$$CSONG)

EaseUS Todo Backup Enterprise ($$$CSONG)

IOLO DriveScrubber ($$$CSONG)

Piriform Recuva (FREECSONG)

Samsung Magician v4.9.7 (FREECS) Download from FileHorse here. Works with (supported) Samsung SSDs only.

SSD Tweaker; all editions ($$$ & FREE editions available, CSONG)

@WinClient5270 Please add IOBit Smart Defrag to the list. Comes in both Free and Pro versions. Both the free and Pro versions support HDD defragmentation as well as manual SSD TRIM.

Edited by Win10-Hater
additional details

@WinClient5270 Also, Foxit PDF Reader 10.x.x does not work on Vista. The installer will open and run till a point just fine, but then it crashes.

https://imgur.com/xMlfceH

https://imgur.com/FbYrCNK

https://imgur.com/HlGxYED

I'm yet to test with a workaround such as Application Verifier.

Edited by Win10-Hater

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2020 at 9:05 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

Norton Protection End-of-Support Announcement for Windows XP and Windows Vista: even definition updates for the Maintenance Mode version will cease early in 2021.

I don’t know of any Norton users here anyway (I use Avast Free 18.8), but it sounds like definition updates for the XP/Vista version (final revision 22.15.5.40) will end February 28 according to a recent thread at Norton  Forums.

Edit: Norton changed its mind??

I don’t know of any ESET users here either, but their support article Do you run ESET on Windows Vista or Windows 7? indicates that SHA-2 support will be mandatory by April 15, 2021. That is bad news for Windows XP, but of course it is well known here that SHA-2 support can be installed on Vista - but does ESET know that? Earlier today I posted a question at ESET Forums, ESET 12.x on Vista after April 15, 2021? which has received a couple of answers. ESET has no free version, but might still be an option for vanilla Vista with SHA-2 support.

Edited by Vistapocalypse

On 2/1/2021 at 8:35 AM, Osman Kovan said:

When i signed to iTunes 12.1.3.6 with two-factor authentication enabled on my account, it actually logged in to my account. Very weird.

Welcome back again. I concluded that functionality was gone forever soon after your October 20, 2019 post and uninstalled my legacy iTunes, so I cannot confirm your very interesting report. (I used to prefer 11.1.5 because it did not crash with a DEP error when closing on Vista like 12.1.3.)...

Edited by Vistapocalypse
removed a link I now question

I installed any updates available for Windows Vista. I didn't used ProxySwitch. Maybe updates did something or two-factor authentication may did something. I used same version on October 20,2019. And iTunes still able to log in to my Apple ID even it's reopened.

Edited by Osman Kovan

It still able to download apps.

Untitled3.thumb.jpg.2384899ff7b89c8daeb7ae3c789c2a23.jpg

After that, IPA is available to deploy to iPhone's.

Untitled4.thumb.jpg.e54de223dab6f41eec7171d19134792f.jpg

I think who wants to use iTunes without 3rd party patches (eg. ProxySwitch), apply all Windows Vista and all applicable Windows Server 2008 updates or just enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID.

Edited by Osman Kovan
Corrected one small grammar issue

5 hours ago, Osman Kovan said:

When i signed to iTunes 12.3.1.6 with two-factor authentication enabled on my account, it actually logged in to my account. Very weird....

Hi Osman Kovan:

Are you able to purchase songs and/or download previous purchases from the iTunes Store if you sign in to iTunes v12.1.3.6 with two-factor authentication? Candy Crush Saga is a free app in Apple's App Store so I'm wondering you can actually purchase a song from the iTunes Store and download it to your Vista SP2 computer when you log in to the  iTunes Store with 2FA.
----------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Malwarebytes Premium v3.5.1-1.0.365
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 256 GB WD SATA HDD, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

On 12/27/2020 at 7:14 AM, Win10-Hater said:

Also, Foxit PDF Reader 10.x.x does not work on Vista. The installer will open and run till a point just fine, but then it crashes.

Please see previous post in this thread:

The last version of Foxit Products that unofficially supports Vista SP2 was 9.6.0.25114, from July 2019; later versions demand Win7 SP1 as minimum :realmad: ... Foxit "Products" include both PhantomPDF

Fez9I0P.jpg

and Reader:

MA4H9xC.jpg

:P

Edited by VistaLover