Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

WinClient5270

@asdf2345 see the results for yourself , fps is on the top right , using the icafe drivers you provided , do note that this isn't terrible performance of only the icafe ones , all the drivers have the same performance like mentioned before.

Windows 7 : https://imgur.com/a/kFgP3sU

Windows Vista : https://imgur.com/a/YF0xYOR

Windows 7 image is just for what the real FPS should be.

Edited by burd

22 minutes ago, burd said:

@asdf2345 see the results for yourself , fps is on the top right , using the icafe drivers you provided , do note that this isn't terrible performance of only the icafe ones , all the drivers have the same performance like mentioned before.

Ok, I was just wondering what my upgrade path would be

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like, Microsoft may of finally pulled the plug on Windows Update servers for Windows Vista :(

unknown.png

Not only that, but Microsoft has also pulled the Windows Vista Service Pack downloads off their website too.

Anyways (not trying to advertise), but I have the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 32-bit along with 64-bit, also SP2 32-bit and 64-bit available for anyone to download.

To top it all off, I have all of the Vista updates up to April 2017 (32-bit and 64-bit), downloaded with wsusoffline.

2 minutes ago, Bob Pony said:

To top it all off, I have all of the Vista updates up to April 2017 (32-bit and 64-bit), downloaded with wsusoffline.

How does this x64 update collection compare? Except in IE updates, because it has none of those.

I already have the updates on my computer, and don't want to download 5+GB of updates just to compare.

37 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

How does this x64 update collection compare? Except in IE updates, because it has none of those.

I already have the updates on my computer, and don't want to download 5+GB of updates just to compare.

Well mine has 32-bit updates not just only 64-bit updates, up to April 2017 and it also has a GUI provided by wsusoffline, but I also have Server 2008 R1 updates (both 32-bit and 64-bit) too (up to Jan 2020), which also works on Windows Vista.

51 minutes ago, Bob Pony said:

Seems like, Microsoft may of finally pulled the plug on Windows Update servers for Windows Vista :(

Not only that, but Microsoft has also pulled the Windows Vista Service Pack downloads off their website too.

Anyways (not trying to advertise), but I have the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 32-bit along with 64-bit, also SP2 32-bit and 64-bit available for anyone to download.

I would like to welcome you to MSFN, but must point out that you are off topic for this particular thread. MSFN has had a decommissioning thread for quite some time (not that it’s a particularly good thread for Vista, but at least you wouldn’t be OT there).

For the time being at least, SP1 and SP2 appear to be still available from the catalog (not that Vista SP2 ISOs are hard to find).

MSFN member greenhillmaniac has a Windows Vista Update Repository thread that might interest you.

I have an idea about getting the 372.70 drivers fully working on Vista.

I recently discovered a subreddit, r/XtremeG, and it's all about driver modding. The idea is someone makes a request for them to fix the issues with 372.70 with Vista, and other users from this forum upvote, or even comment on the post to make it seem like a popular idea.

I think it would be a good idea to use these images in the post too

On 7/31/2020 at 8:59 AM, burd said:

3 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

I have an idea about getting the 372.70 drivers fully working on Vista.

I recently discovered a subreddit, r/XtremeG, and it's all about driver modding. The idea is someone makes a request for them to fix the issues with 372.70 with Vista, and other users from this forum upvote, or even comment on the post to make it seem like a popular idea.

I think it would be a good idea to use these images in the post too

well feel free to try but i doubt 10-20 people would push them to even try to do any modding

Edited by burd

30 minutes ago, burd said:

well feel free to try but i doubt 10-20 people would push them to even try to do any modding

10 people would be more than 1/50 of the people subscribed to the subreddit, so it'd be significant.

I also was working on a post, and was almost finished, but my computer black screened, and I lost everything I typed, so I don't really want to bother with having to make another post.

12 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

10 people would be more than 1/50 of the people subscribed to the subreddit, so it'd be significant.

I also was working on a post, and was almost finished, but my computer black screened, and I lost everything I typed, so I don't really want to bother with having to make another post.

lol , just be straight to the point you dont need to type much imo

On 8/18/2020 at 12:05 PM, Bob Pony said:

On second thought, that part wasn’t entirely OT because the original post includes an Important Updates for Windows Vista section with various Download Center links that are now broken in accordance with SHA-1 Windows content to be retired August 3, 2020. WinClient5270 could either replace those with Microsoft Update Catalog links or simply direct everyone to greenhillmaniac’s Windows Vista Update Repository.  The Graphics, Imaging and XPS Library was actually only one out of four Platform Update components, but greenhillmaniac has all four bases covered in his repository.