AMD Kaveri on Windows 2000

halohalo

I've installed Windows 2000 on an ASUS A88X-GAMER with A8-7600.

BlackWingCat's latest modded AHCI driver should be compatible with Bolton series chipset. So I modded another AHCI driver used by Hudson series chipset, and completed installation with a SATA optical drive.

It is a bad idea to install Windows 2000 on AHCI storage devices, because you have to install all drivers you need again after updating UEFI BIOS. Fortunately, I installed Windows 2000 SP3 on an 80GB IDE hard drive with a converter adapter, and I selected IDE mode to prevent Windows 10 crash on start up.

The formatting tool included in Windows 2000 SP3 is not reliable. Because Windows 10 can't create the logical drive in an extended partition after creating a primary partition in FAT32 format, I used the formatting tool included in W2K instead during installation, but W2K disappeared after installation. Finally, I made Windows 10 create the logical drive with help from SPFDISK, and completed installation.

After updating to Windows 2000 SP4 SRP1 and DirectX 9.0C (Feb 2010), I installed modded Catalyst 14.4 on Radeon R7 and it worked. Although D3D7 and hardware acceleration decoding may not work, I am satisfied. Thanks to BlackWingCat and many people who contributed their ideas and times.

AMD USB 3.0 root hub does not work, so I think both BlackWingCat's Extended Core and complete replacement of USB driver are necessary.

post-117839-0-74880700-1455825341_thumb.

Is there a benefit to using FAT32 with a Windows 2000 installation, particularly if you're not using 9x? I'm just curious as to why you went with FAT32 instead of NTFS for Windows 2000, or did you use something else to make the partition?