AeroGlass and WindowFX 6.0 conflict

CKyHC

Hello!

About 2 years using BM AeroGlass on Windows 8, after on Windows 8.1 with license and donation without any problems.

Two days ago i installed Stardock WindowFX 6.0 trial version. Works normal at 1st look. But periodically in moment when WindowFX must make some of his effects desktop image freezes for 1-2 second, after display blinks, aeroglass disappears and enables quickly. Looks like the dwm process restarts.

No events created, no crashdumps in system folder. Only crashdump in AeroGlass folder appears every time. In debug.log nothing wrong with enabled logging all events in it.

I use Windows 8.1 x64 Pro with MC, Russian, license. AMD FX-8320, Radeon R9 270X latest drivers.

Soft: StartIsBack+, UxTheme Signature Bypassing dll by BM, OldNewExplorer.

Please help me.

P.S. Sorry for my english...

Crashdump: http://1drv.ms/1Ogs7QT

On notebook i use Windows 10 latest and AeroGlass 1.4.5 and WindowFX 6.0, no one crash 2 days, but i use it not so much time as main comp. On my work computer on Windows 7 i use WindowFX 5.15 and native windows aeroglass no problems too, uses it whole work day.

It must be the way to make them work together on Windows 8.1.

Please, bigmuscle, you are so smart in this, i don't believe that you can't solve with problem...

Upgraded WindowFX 5.15 to 6.0 on work computer with Windows 7, and catch several crashes of dwm process on native Windows 7! I think this is WindowFX 6.0 version issue. Now at home on my main comp downgrading to version 5.15 and testing... I'll wrote about results...

In WindowFX 6.0 is added support for Windows 10, therefore i can't use version 5.15 on Windows 10.

EDIT: It's true - after downgrading WindowFX from version 6.0 to 5.15 (uninstall 6.0 and after install 5.15) i have no one crash on my Windows 8.1 several hours at raw. It seems to be a WindowFX 6.0 issue. I'll be testing W10 with WFX 6.0...

Edited by CKyHC

On Windows 10 on notebook + WindowFX 6.0 there is no crashes for several days but i used him not so much time.

On Windows 8.1 + WindowFX 5.15 no crahes, but after several hours of work WindowFX effects just dissapears wihout crashes or errors. It's need to run WindowFX exe, disable and enable program to reenable effects. Any thoughts about this issue? I will try to disable AG for checking is there is a confllict between them.

• 2 months later...

In Windows 10 + WindowFX 6.0 (5.15 didn't work on W10) after big amount of animations done by windows/menues effect just disappers and then crashs explorer.exe or dwm.exe.

Need fix to use both of this tools together...

Please help.

Edited by CKyHC