DOSNET ORG file corrupt.

Roffen

Would it be a violation of some rule if I got a copy of the Windows XP file DOSNET ORG?

For some obscure reason, it looks like the i386 files are more vulnerable than others? Anyway, my DOSNET ORG file is not readable anymore, so I wonder if it would be legit to let me have a copy?

Edited by Roffen

There are two DOSNET files, both without any extension. The first is declared as INF and is a text file,  the other is ORG - file. But I have the same file on another disk and I will use that one.

Edited by Roffen

I'm betting that file is actually DOSNET.orig, ie someone/something "updated" the DOSNET.inf file and renamed the original version for safe keeping.  Just a thought.

Cheers and Regards

EDIT: corrected .dll to .inf

Edited by bphlpt

bphlpt, I think Roffen means the DOSNET.INF setup file that is used by Windows XP setup.

He has two copies of the DOSNET.INF file without extension on his system. He wants a original version of this file for unclear reason, as this file is probably useless on a running system. As this file is part of Windows XP I don't think we can provide him a copy.

Edited by Acheron

bphlpt, I can't find dosnet.dll on my system either. The file also does not show any results when doing a Google search.

Sorry, I meant DOSNET.inf.  My fault.  Thanks for pointing out my mistake.  The above post has been corrected.

But I still think .org, or .orig meant original.

Cheers and Regards

Betting he's seeing *old* INF (renamed) and *new* INF because SP4 installs Newer DosNet Framework. IOW, they're both Text "INF" Files.

See this - http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175135-how-to-verify-sp4-installed/

:unsure:

I have not installed SP4 myself as it currently does not support localized versions of Windows XP yet, but I still don't see why any copies of dosnet.inf should exist on a installed system.

Looking further into the issue it seems that Roffen is trying to transform his original Windows XP OEM CD into a standard XP CD, by undoing the modifications made by the computer manufacturer.