Disable recommended app crap installer

Hexile

I'm guessing you have a warez version of Aero Glass that was packed with additional stuff.  You will have to get help where you got that version, you won't find any help here.

If you think your version is legit, please provide the link where you got it along with the screenshot that shows the App Installer offering to install Opera or whatever,

Cheers and Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing you have a warez version of Aero Glass that was packed with additional stuff.  You will have to get help where you got that version, you won't find any help here.

If you think your version is legit, please provide the link where you got it along with the screenshot that shows the App Installer offering to install Opera or whatever,

Cheers and Regards

I know my version is legit. it was downloaded from http://www.glass8.eu/download.html and i have bought a license to remove the watermark by following the steps of another topic here.

As stated, IF it comes again, i'll post a screenshot. But if it doesn't, i can't really do that...

Edit: on a second thought it might be because of testing something earlier named "AeroEnabler" which i removed prior to installing glass8 because it didn't work. But why would it leave something behind advertising glass8.eu?

Edited by Hexile

Aero Glass for Win 8+ normally pops up a dialog with a Machine Code and puts a watermark on your desktop if you have not donated and received a "thank you" key.  If you have a donation.key in place it will not put up anything at all.

And it does not contain any adware.

If you've infected your system with something you've downloaded from a, shall we say questionable web site, that's not the fault of Aero Glass for Win 8+.

-Noel

Fixed. AeroEnabler was stated to support windows 8.1 hence why i tried it. It still advertised glass8 for whatever reason.

I removed this manually because the uninstaller left it behind. (C:\ProgramData\aeextra\)