Server 2012 Updates on Windows 8

Jody Thornton

16 hours ago, Stefan43 said:

There doesn't appear to be any .NET updates..

Now I have a real treat in front of me.  I had to perform a complete reinstall of Windows 8.  I buggered up my profile folder.  Oh well, I've been back in service for a week, but I've only updated up until January 2016.  Sooooooo ..... out comes my USB drive full of updates from the past year and a half.....lol.  Oh fun!

:)

3 hours ago, JodyT said:

There doesn't appear to be any .NET updates..

Now I have a real treat in front of me.  I had to perform a complete reinstall of Windows 8.  I buggered up my profile folder.  Oh well, I've been back in service for a week, but I've only updated up until January 2016.  Sooooooo ..... out comes my USB drive full of updates from the past year and a half.....lol.  Oh fun!

:)

I did exactly the same, got a new PC and installed Windows 8 with all updates until Januari 2016 on it. :)

Isn't slipstreaming the updates in a new Windows 8 ISO not an option?

Edited by Stefan43

8 hours ago, Stefan43 said:

I did exactly the same, got a new PC and installed Windows 8 with all updates until Januari 2016 on it. :)

Isn't slipstreaming the updates in a new Windows 8 ISO not an option?

I wish I could use Windows 8.0, but the new AMD drivers are not compatible (they cause BSOD).

Yes, you can slipstream 8 updates by puting them all on a folder (extracted with the .cab) and running DISM on a mounted install.wim.

7 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

I wish I could use Windows 8.0, but the new AMD drivers are not compatible (they cause BSOD).

Yes, you can slipstream 8 updates by puting them all on a folder (extracted with the .cab) and running DISM on a mounted install.wim.

What wrong in using old one?:dubbio: won't older ones are more lighter than crimson re live.

3 hours ago, Dibya said:

What wrong in using old one?:dubbio: won't older ones are more lighter than crimson re live.

I game a lot, and the new drivers are always better in terms of features and speed when it comes to games, not to mention support for upcoming titles.

The weird thing is that the drivers work on Windows 7 no problem, but on 8.0 they give a watchdog or a security check BSOD...

4 minutes ago, greenhillmaniac said:

I game a lot, and the new drivers are always better in terms of features and speed when it comes to games, not to mention support for upcoming titles.

The weird thing is that the drivers work on Windows 7 no problem, but on 8.0 they give a watchdog or a security check BSOD...

It seems to be a artificial blocking. 

As you probably know, MSFN will be taken offline on the 12th of August.... It saddens me deeply, but we must see where we will meet in the future, to discuss matters related to post-EOL updates for Windows 8.0 and beyond.

Got any suggestions, @JodyT?

Edited by greenhillmaniac

5 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

As you probably know, MSFN will be taken offline on the 12th of August.... It saddens me deeply, but we must see where we will meet in the future, to discuss matters related to post-EOL updates for Windows 8.0 and beyond.

I discussed it in the Vista Server 2008 topic, and if more people think it is a good idea, I want to start a simple website with all the important information of MSFN (Like Windows Server 2012 updates on Windows 8.0). If I have permission of course to link to your repository.

6 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Oh Gawd!  I didn't know this.  Holy Crap that's Saturday!

This is AWFUL news!  How did I miss it?

Since it's now business as usual, I've updated the repository:

• Updated Monthly Rollup update;
  • Updated Flash Player update;
  • Added this month's Security Only update;
  • Updated IE10 update for the Security Only users;
  • Added a readme file for the Extras folder, to clarify some of the abbreviations used.

https://mega.nz/#F!ExhDEbDA!pUhzXKVp5-hgzvylW_btfQ

Looking forward to more years of updating in here :cool:

I just got through all of my updates.  I find it odd that, Even though I only have .NET v4.5 installed with Windows 8, that v4.61 updates seem to install without complaint.  If I don't want to upgrade to .NET v4.61, should I install those updates?

Nice that the forum upgrade has reduced the spacing between the lines to a sane level again.  (Thanks Xper)