Slisptreaming Serial In Office 2003

Office 2003 or Office 2002/XP ?

Look at MSFN unattended guide, there's a guide to automate the install of office. You can include the serial number, the install directory, the components you want to install, etc...

Thanks! I found the link but the version of Office i have is not able to make an administrative installation point. I saw the pictures in the site, for usinf Office 2003 resource kit tools, but i don't think it has an option to slipstream the serial number.

I just found another version of Office 2003 and the administration installation point worked, so it doesn't ask for a serial anymore :) . I tried the same method with office 2000 and although the command "setup.exe /a" worked ok, it still asks for a serial during installation

There are a few ways to add the serial number to your Office install. Both methods below work on Office 2000 and above.

1) Add to setup.ini file

Locate the setup.ini file in \FILES\SETUP. Make sure the [Options] section is UNcommented (remove any semicolon in front of it if necessary). Add a line in the [Options] section like so:

[Options]
PIDKEY=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That should be the word PIDKEY in all caps, an equals sign, and your 25-character product key. Do NOT include the dashes.

-OR-

2) Make a shortcut or command script that points to setup.exe and add the command line argument PIDKEY just as above (all 25 chars, no dashes) like so:

setup.exe PIDKEY=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Both ways will prepopulate the cd key field so you can change it before you install but won't need to type it if it's correct. I prefer the first method for "high security" cd's that I know I will not lose track of. The second method I use for network shares or "low security/redistributable" cd's that have a tendency to float away. You can put the shortcut/command script anywhere - it need not be on the CD. Method number 2 will also override any key you've included in your setup.ini file.

Anyone managed to slipstream SP3 in office 2000?
Make sure SR-1 is slipstreamed first, its required before installing SP2 or SP3. They did it slightly differently back then.