Booting into safe mode is horribly slow

Octopuss

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? The screen where various system drivers are being loaded scrolls down literally line by line, so it takes several minutes before the system boots up. Once I'm in the Windows, everything runs normally.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? 

****, still no replies :(

Maybe because there is not a real *anything*  to reply, if not expressing a generic sentiment of sympathy for your troubles.

Two possibilities:

1) EITHER someone also experienced that same behaviour

2) OR you are the first and only one to experience this

in BOTH cases this piece of info is of little or no use to solve the problem.

Independently from the two possibilities above, if you describe your setup (hardware and software), possibly other symptoms, etc., etc., i.e. the Standard Litany:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html

then maybe someone may be able to assist you in diagnosing/troubleshooting the problem (and hopefully find a solution).

Right now you are not even in the ""I'm ill, doctor. Help!", you are in the "I think I'm ill, doctor, do you have other patients with my same illness?"

jaclaz

may be your pc is infected with any severe boot partiton virus

...a  particular kind of virus that only activates itself when booted in safe mode? :w00t:

I would say peculiar more than severe. :dubbio:

jaclaz

Still, peculiar disk blocks or pagefile fragmentation that cause no issues whatsoever as soon as the system is booted and only create problems when booting in safe mode.

A good idea could be to also make a magic spell on the whole system (it may not work, but it won't do anyway much harm).

jaclaz

• 5 weeks later...