Should I Move to Windows 7 Ultimate

yogoman

in your opinion i should use Windows 7 home eddition

In my opinion you could well continue running XP as you are not experiencing (or have not described) any issues with it.

IF you feel like changing OS, you have no real *need* for Windows 7 Ultimate, any more limited version (please read as cheaper) would do nicely for your "home" uses.

In any case your hardware is (from the little you say about it) on the "slow" side, particularly 2 Gb of RAM, which are more than enough for XP, are a tad bit "tight" for Windows 7 (any version) and I have to presume that other hardware components may not be powerful or fast enough to provide you a positive experience with 7.

Windows 7 (like Vista before it) has a much greater needs as hardware resources, it will anyway be slower than XP, depending on the specific hardware you have it is possible that this added slowness will be hardly perceivable or enough to make you feel your PC as sluggish.

If you post the exact specs of your hardware someone might be able to give you an estimate of how "well" a Windows 7 might run on it.

jaclaz

any dual core CPU (like has) and 2 GB RAM (like he has) will run win7 ok

only GPU we don't know (for DWM), as basic theme engine is broken in 7, wait I already wrote this shit above....

point is if he wants to try win7 for his OFFICE related stuff, let him try... it ain't illegal to download and use trial version of 7 and rearm it 3 times

thats 270 days if i'm not mistaken, plenty of time to see how it runs for him

I'm not into a fight

but that slower difference is maybe by 0.5 to 1 second

and office work what he says he does, doesn't require astronomy PC

as I wrote, if he is so eager into 7, he can always trial-date it

(tho I'd never use full original clunky version hahaha, but thats just me)

in your opinion i should use Windows 7 home eddition

In my opinion you could well continue running XP as you are not experiencing (or have not described) any issues with it.

IF you feel like changing OS, you have no real *need* for Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, any more limited version (please read as cheaper) would do nicely for your "home" uses.

In any case your hardware is (from the little you say about it) on the "slow" side, particularly 2 Gb of RAM, which are more than enough for XP, are a tad bit "tight" for Windows 7 (any version) and I have to presume that other hardware components may not be powerful or fast enough to provide you a positive experience with  Windows 7 usb dvd download tool

Windows 7 (like Vista before it) has a much greater needs as hardware resources, it will anyway be slower than XP, depending on the specific hardware you have it is possible that this added slowness will be hardly perceivable or enough to make you feel your PC as sluggish.

If you post the exact specs of your hardware someone might be able to give you an estimate of how "well" a Windows 7 might run on it.

jaclaz

Well i have no such reason for upgradation because my win xp working fine for me i am just want to change os to see new windows graphics and other cool features

Edited by yogoman

I'm not into a fight

but that slower difference is maybe by 0.5 to 1 second

and office work what he says he does, doesn't require astronomy PC

as I wrote, if he is so eager into 7, he can always trial-date it

(tho I'd never use full original clunky version hahaha, but thats just me)

Have u experience this much delay as you stated above or just guessing

Edited by yogoman

@vinifera - Nope, no "trial"/"test drive" anymore. :(

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

Some thoughts (before the plug was entirely yanked) -

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/360257-digital-river-win7-iso-servers-taken-down-again.html

Seems the really-really-really want people to upgrade to Windows10. :realmad: (YAY! I have my Win7 SP1u Pro OEM DVD)

Side note - Even Vista has been yanked. :crazy:

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/57-windows-vista-direct-download-links

Edited by submix8c

well here we don't care from where he gets it ... torrents is my best bet but oh well...

by trial testing I meant install it and use it for some time...

hell I already wrote all this, the fuck am I repeating this :(

Pretty sad to depend on torrents noting that OEM's don't supply anything but recovery DVD's chock full of "goodies" *i.e. no clean installs). You'll notice you can't get one from MS now without a *Retail* key.

If anyone goes that route, you'd better check the hash to be sure it's the real deal. Those values are easily obtainable via a web search.

• 2 months later...

Had similar specs to yours. Keep XP unless you HAVE to upgrade. If you do upgrade make sure it is 32-bit (x86). You don't need 64 bit I'm assuming and you will maintain compatibility with older programs/drivers.