Driver Request For Intel 4400 HD Mobile

burd

Im looking for drivers for windows vista x64 but sadly there isnt any drivers i can find.There are drivers for windows xp but not vista. :(. Can Anyone modify the windows 7 ones and give me the links?any help appreciated.

Edited by burd

I think (s/)he means an "Intel® HD Graphics 4400" graphics adapter, which means a "Haswell-MB or -ULT", most probably a "Core i3 4xxxU". If so, the answer is: there is none. Intel dropped support of Vista, too, not just XP.

What's it: Alienware, maybe? Just curious...   :angel

But the answer remains the same: not officially supported by Intel.  :(

Maybe you can coax a Win 7 driver to install... or you can go 7SP1, and avoid headaches galore!  :D

Bear in mind I'm a XPSP3 user to this day... then again, I select the hardware I buy on the basis of what'll run XP with full support, which means stopping at Ivy Bridge and Z68. There's plenty of that at eBay, you know.  :)

Also,i tried installing it manually by editing the .inf to 6.0 from 6.1 and it installs from device manager but i get exclaimation mark upon restart.

Anyone can mod it for me?

Unfortunately, as of right now, there are simply no drivers available for Vista for anything above HD 4000 series. I have attempted to modify the 7 drivers by changing the NT number in the INF file, much like we've been able to do with Catalyst 14.12-15.6 Beta, but it didn't work. I'm guessing it's something to do with WDDM 1.0 vs 1.1 that was introduced in Win7. Vista might be missing something that is needed for the drivers to install and work properly. Either that, or there's another OS restriction rooted deeper than a simple INF mod, but I have yet to discover it.

As the end of life of Windows Vista draws closer, I hope someone shows up who is able to support it or maybe even create unofficial updates that bring missing 7 APIs to it (there shouldn't be too many) like blackwingcat has done with Windows 2000. Creating a Windows 7 compatibility layer to "trick" applications that refuse NT 6.0 into installing would also be a nice thing to have.

Do try the reverse hack, as compared to the one you already attempted:

Get the last driver known to work with Vista (say, for the 4000), and add VEN & DEV from the 4400, and point that to install the same things the .INF would install for the 4000. Then cross your fingers and test it. I don't bet it'll work but, then again, you don't have anything to lose, at this point, right?

can you provide the link for the 4000 one? im pretty sure i saw it somewhere in the forums,also my nvidia will install but i dont have nvidia control panel and stuff,any idea about that?

Edited by burd

Do try the reverse hack, as compared to the one you already attempted:

Get the last driver known to work with Vista (say, for the 4000), and add VEN & DEV from the 4400, and point that to install the same things the .INF would install for the 4000. Then cross your fingers and test it. I don't bet it'll work but, then again, you don't have anything to lose, at this point, right?

This is actually working kinda,until it fails, i dont know if im doing it right, do i just copy the inf ?