What happened to WinAddons.com?

classicwin

It's no longer available through the "open web," just gives you a blank page with nothing there. Strangely, it seems the ProgramAddons*.cab archives are still available on MediaFire, but the website itself is only available by asking Peabody and Sherman to fire up the Wayback Machine (but only towards the end of 2014, as 2015 or later meets with a robots.txt restriction). I don't know exactly what happened here, if the owner(s) let the domain registration expire and with it, the site, perhaps due to lack of interest as 7 and 8 (and now 10) came along, and therefore XP and the nLiteing of it became less popular in general (not just here among enthusiasts). ;)

Might be worth saving some of these for posterity just in case they disappear too.

Another favorite for program add-ons was ajuaonline.com. That domain is no longer up, but thankfully, an archived version informs visitors as of January 2015 that he was moving to a different domain rubenalamina.mx. I'm glad to see that site is still around, as I especially liked his iTunes installer (the really old stuff seems to be gone, sadly; you can see the listing but the download page redirects to nowhere). However, WinAddons has vanished into the ether, and I don't know if anyone has any info as to what happened to it, or where its owner(s) might have disappeared to... :}

• 1 month later...

Another favorite for program add-ons was ajuaonline.com. That domain is no longer up, but thankfully, an archived version informs visitors as of January 2015 that he was moving to a different domain rubenalamina.mx. I'm glad to see that site is still around, as I especially liked his iTunes installer (the really old stuff seems to be gone, sadly; you can see the listing but the download page redirects to nowhere). However, WinAddons has vanished into the ether, and I don't know if anyone has any info as to what happened to it, or where its owner(s) might have disappeared to... :}

Hi, thanks for the recommendation. I'm still making my iTunes installers and are up to date. I also keep the custom installers for other programs, even the old stuff as you called it, updated. From time to time I remove some and add some that I use as well. Check it out.

The description of my installers is here. The program list and download links is here.

PS: I haven't updated the landing page in a long time but I'm planning to do so before the end of this month.