RetroZilla: An updated version of Mozilla for Windows 95 and NT4 [2.2 RELEASED]

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

If you can embed some open src codecs for playback then all done i believe ...

That could be done, albeit with some difficulty and hacks, in XP/2k. The issue with this is that the version of Gecko that we're using has absolutely no support for <video>. What I could probably eventually do is add a "RZ Companion" program or NPAPI plugin that sends YouTube links to an external player. (Like you could do with VLC on modern Windowses)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rn10950 said:

Great! I made a comment on the GitHub post, I still can't get it to build properly, but once I do, I will implement this. Do you want your name added to the contributor list in about:credits?

Yes please do so :)

and for building binaries, it works in my old build rig(AMD Athlon X2 5200, 2GB RAM, XP SP3) which is upgraded from AMD Athlon 2600+(Socket 462)

For modifying sources and test build always taking 15~30 minutes each build.

Edited by roytam1

39 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

Yes please do so :)

and for building binaries, it works in my old build rig(AMD Athlon X2 5200, 2GB RAM, XP SP3) which is upgraded from AMD Athlon 2600+(Socket 462)

For modifying sources and test build always taking 15~30 minutes each build.

How do you want your name displayed? Your MSFN user name or your real name?

Right now, my big issue is getting the builder to respect my objdir setting. It's just building into the source tree. It's a laptop using Win2k3 32-bit, Core 2 Duo, 2Gb RAM. I used to do the building on a Win2K box with blackwingcat's kernel, IDK why it built right on that machine, but I can't get back in due to the machine not recognizing my USB keyboard before the login screen. (2k does the driver installs after login, really good design MS) The PS/2 keyboard port is shot.

2 hours ago, rn10950 said:

How do you want your name displayed? Your MSFN user name or your real name?

Right now, my big issue is getting the builder to respect my objdir setting. It's just building into the source tree. It's a laptop using Win2k3 32-bit, Core 2 Duo, 2Gb RAM. I used to do the building on a Win2K box with blackwingcat's kernel, IDK why it built right on that machine, but I can't get back in due to the machine not recognizing my USB keyboard before the login screen. (2k does the driver installs after login, really good design MS) The PS/2 keyboard port is shot.

MSFN username is enough. :)

for accessing buildslave, I use VNC. So I don't have keyboard/mouse/VGA connected on buildslave, just having ethernet and power connected.

Edited by roytam1

Well, it turns out that I was able to get back into my Win2k build machine with another PS/2 keyboard, and now the USB drivers are installing properly. I don't know why it wasn't working a year ago. I guess now I can start work on RetroZilla again!

2 hours ago, rn10950 said:

Well, it turns out that I was able to get back into my Win2k build machine with another PS/2 keyboard, and now the USB drivers are installing properly. I don't know why it wasn't working a year ago. I guess now I can start work on RetroZilla again!

Great news.  My granny waiting for your retro zilla so that she can use nt4 back.

3 hours ago, rn10950 said:

Finally something to use on 98SE for browsing that isn't unusable. ;)

Did you need Windows 2000 to compile it or could XP work too?