XP- IPV6

mjdbb1

I'm now receiving an IPv6 address from Comcast, so I figured I would see how XP would handle this situation.  I installed the IPv6 protocol in XP per MS's instructions.  I haven't made any changes or adjustments.  On the hardware end, IPv6 is in native mode, and is supported by the router.  My XP PC is receiving an IPv6 address with no problems, and can get to a few IPv6 sites.

However, when I run the tests at IPV6-test.com, they all pass except for IPv6 "large packet".  I've read this can happen if a firewall is filtering IMCPv6 messages, so I've confirmed that's not the case.  Running this test on two Windows 7 machines results in a pass, but I get this same result on two XP machines.

I've been messing around with settings, and the only thing that seems to fix this is to reduce MTU (on the router) to 1280 (from 1500).  However, this gives me severe issues connecting to regular sites, so this isn't really a fix.

Again, this is only a situation on the XP machines.  I'm beginning to think it's just some sort of issue or limitation in the IPv6 implementation in SP3.  Of course it will be a while before this becomes an everyday issue, but I'm curious...has anyone else tried IPv6 in XP and experienced issues?