Features needed for next version of XPlode

Wraith

What feature would you most like added to XPlode?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What feature would you most like added to XPlode?

• Optional GUI-install background redrawing
    • Multi-disc plugin
    • Installation selections (don't be surprised if I don't do it even though it may be #1 :P)
    • Proper conditional statements
    • Script includes
    • (an attempt at) adding freeform display

Okay, if I do installation selection... it's not going to be normal XPlode GUI, it'll be standard windows and controls etc.

If you people can live with that, I'll add optional support for popping up another dialog before the main XPlode one.

Should hopefully be a couple of hours to do this way, if I did it with the XPlode UI, it'd take a heck of a long time, which was why I was avoiding it.

So, if ppl are happy with it, I'll do it that way... I'll be back home in 6 or so hours after my last class at uni, so that's when I plan to start coding.

You people decide. :)

Hi KMan,

how you can see, my english is stupid too :rolleyes: and in this case I understand what mean.

I have configured Textpad like in your Topic. Now it works!

big Thanxfor your great help! :)

syntax highlighting makes life easier anytime

do you have a ready syntax file? Could you post it? Please :D

Have a nice day, Sie Tjin Kian

i think the man was tyring to say, when using GUIInstall mode, instead being "fixmain" via parameter...

it should draw the ENTIRE vertical length of the screen, while the width of it is editable

@prathapml:

You're going to have to explain a bit better than that

@wraith:

I mean exactly what Alanoll said.

mmkay....

say you have a solid color rectangle.....

instead of it taking up the amount of space of the rectangle, the rectangle would be stretched to cover the whole vertical length of hte screen but still the same width of the original rectangle.

• 3 weeks later...

An idea for standalone use:

Have it automatically temporarily disable screensaver & power management while it installes hotfixes.

This would be handy for people who run XPLODE from within Windows as you know I do.

Another idea is a front end for editing the XML file, with the ability to select what to or not to install, via checkboxes.

Another idea is a front end for editing the XML file, with the ability to select what to or not to install, via checkboxes

i second that, but i think someone did that for xplode, i didn't have time to test to see what it was...

Have it automatically temporarily disable screensaver & power management while it installes hotfixes.

This would be handy for people who run XPLODE from within Windows as you know I do.

Make a plugin to do it.

Hopefully I'll have CVS going soon. I'm in the process of moving to linux, so there won't be any more XPlode from me. Well, not much at least.

I'll see how things go.