New Unofficial Version - 2.0.0

Bioruebe

On 10/9/2016 at 10:37 AM, Sp0iLedBrAt said:

I will try this out, too. I've been using Gora's fork, but lately (for at least a month) there have not been any online updates since the server seems to be down.

I cannot confirm this, but it is reported that Gora "Evgeniy Sakharov" passed away July 7, 2016. Very sad if true, I believe it to be so. (Creator of the Gora Universal Extractor mod which I used for years.)

R.I.P Gora! Thanks for all your freeware contributions over the years.

Thanks for picking up the torch Bioruebe!

Edited by mayoko

2 hours ago, mayoko said:

I cannot confirm this, but it is reported that Gora "Evgeniy Sakharov" passed away July 7, 2016. Very sad if true, I believe it to be so. (Creator of the Gora Universal Extractor mod which I used for years.)

I can't seem to "verify" this either, but it appears it's reported on several other different forums. 60, too young, such a shame.

• 3 weeks later...

@Bioruebe: Submitted feedback for a file I cannot seem to extract

In the meantime, if anyone else might have a clue

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00257700M/1/Network_Driver_1G1GX_WN32_6.3_A07.EXE

The file I need to extract is labelled setup.exe which is contained inside the .exe above

Also, if Gora has indeed passed, it is a very :( time as I had used that version prior and was actually looking for it and ended up here when I couldn't get a link I trusted to download...

Edited by Hammerfest

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2016 at 3:53 PM, Hammerfest said:

@Bioruebe: Submitted feedback for a file I cannot seem to extract

In the meantime, if anyone else might have a clue

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00257700M/1/Network_Driver_1G1GX_WN32_6.3_A07.EXE

The file I need to extract is labelled setup.exe which is contained inside the .exe above

Also, if Gora has indeed passed, it is a very :( time as I had used that version prior and was actually looking for it and ended up here when I couldn't get a link I trusted to download...

I looked into this and found it's the same exact file that was released by the manufacturer, but Dell has placed their customizations within the file you are inquiring about.

Here's the link to grab it:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BLUETOOTH/Broadcom/Broadcom-WIDCOMM-Bluetooth-Driver-6516930-for-Vista-Windows-7-64-bit.shtml

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Some belated feedback is better than none.

I've been using it since the last time I wrote about it, manually updating some files like trid defs, unrar, 7z.dll etc and it seems to be working more than fine. Sadly, what seemed to be a very nice New Year's present for 2016, is more than likely not in active development any more.

Kudos to Acheron for posting the link with the different mods so we can hope there will be at least one maintained version left at the end of this very long journey of this piece of software.

Cheers and regards