Problems creating self-extracting files in Program Files

DMD61

Good morning

For years, I delight in creating small self-extracting files for free programs, and I would like to understand why what I can do normally in W7 I no longer possible in W10.
If the example is copied in "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder full of JDowloader complete executable.
If this is done manually, everything works perfectly. If I create a self-extracting file with WinRAR, when I launch the executable returns an error to some files in it.
The same self-extracting file installed on W7 works without problems, what I think is that in W10 is not allowed under the "Program Files (x86)" and the like, the automatic extraction of some files.
Perhaps because they changed the management in terms of safety.
Is there any command or script to insert different procedure?

Sincerely thank you

Good morning

For years, I delight in creating small self-extracting files for free programs, and I would like to understand why what I can do normally in W7 I no longer possible in W10.

If the example is copied in "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder full of JDowloader complete executable.

If this is done manually, everything works perfectly. If I create a self-extracting file with WinRAR, when I launch the executable returns an error to some files in it.

The same self-extracting file installed on W7 works without problems, what I think is that in W10 is not allowed under the "Program Files (x86)" and the like, the automatic extraction of some files.

Perhaps because they changed the management in terms of safety.

Is there any command or script to insert different procedure?

Sincerely thank you

Default install forder for Jdownloader 2 is %localappdata%\JDownloader v2.0 it's better use default folder to avoid problems with updates or configuration...

I did a test in Windows 10 x64 Pro and works without problems for me with WinRAR v5.30 (I'm Admin User)...

Try it if you want:

Regards... ;-)

This is true, also works in the main route %homedrive%.
The path %localappdata% good for the installer directly and also allows the uninstall, as it is a hidden folder.
If it is done manually, as in my case, I have to enable the display of hidden folders.

Thanks for your interest

The path %localappdata% good for the installer directly and also allows the uninstall, as it is a hidden folder.

If it is done manually, as in my case, I have to enable the display of hidden folders.

Thanks for your interest

Not need display hidden folders, you can put folder variables in Explorer Path bar directly, or use in WinRAR as by example Path=%localappdata% or Path=%programfiles(x86)%

Have you tried my WinRAR sfx example...?

Regards... ;-)

Thanks for your interest

Try, if you want, my InnoSetup Installer:

-Installer only English/Spanish but is multilanguage

-If you want Silent Install use /silent or /verysilent

Regards... ;-)

Edited by alfreire