ModernFrame replacement

bigmuscle

On 10/14/2016 at 10:36 AM, Shining Escuridao said:

As others have mentioned already, this is the debug console from BM's debug version of aeroglass. To elaborate on what BM said by there's nothing to fix, this is normal functionality for that dll and it causes no problems with your computer aside from an extra window opening up. As a work around I've found that you can technically close it without closing your app(s) by opening the task manager and ending the conhost.exe process after the window appears; you can open your apps afterwards and it shouldn't pop up again (confirmed for the system settings app though not for anything else).

I personally use Task View to hide the debug windows in a virtual desktop. Not really a very big issue for me.

The new release modernframe version woks beautiful. No debug windows and is working with the apps I tried including Edge.  Thanks Bigmuscle!!!!

MF5.jpg

Edited by Alanrh

9 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

And what about this one? :-)

http://glass8.eu/out/ModernFrame-2016-10-22.7z

Working well here.  Nice job.

If I were to have to use Win 10, I could almost stomach it now, with your software prettying up the desktop, no Apps, and everything locked down for privacy and security.

Now that you're getting most of the extra components polished up and we're finding all the ways to turn it back into a good OS, I imagine it's near time for Microsoft to release a new version of Windows and screw everything up again.  My hat is off to you for your patience in continuing to follow up after each of their disruptions to the operating system.

-Noel

1 hour ago, NoelC said:

Working well here.  Nice job.

If I were to have to use Win 10, I could almost stomach it now, with your software prettying up the desktop, no Apps, and everything locked down for privacy and security.

Now that you're getting most of the extra components polished up and we're finding all the ways to turn it back into a good OS, I imagine it's near time for Microsoft to release a new version of Windows and screw everything up again.  My hat is off to you for your patience in continuing to follow up after each of their disruptions to the operating system.

-Noel

Why you complain about Windows 10 here? there are many topics in MSFN for haters of W10, I think this topic is not the right place.

Edited by carlitosoo555

Alright so tried the new modernframe. Definitely works, however, startup time was affected significantly. I was greeted with a black screen until I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and hit taskmgr. I'm sure that was coincidence but I was watching a black screen for about 2 minutes on an 850 Evo SSD.

I disabled it for now and next reboot was back to normal time.