Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

On 10/18/2019 at 12:51 AM, bookie32 said:

Hi guys!

Getting several friends harping on about how good LTSC is...?! Ok forgive me if I am stating the obvious....all of your attempts to remove Windows 10 of crap and they come with this version without a lot of the crap....?!:buehehe: Now that is funny....come on....it is hilarious....

As if that is going to make Windows 10 better......yes....I admit more usable but still crap from where I am standing......

Sorry I am a little late with this about LTSC....been busy all summer trying to get my cottage finished......lol

bookie32

Good to hear from you. 

Just going along with Win 10 Pro Insider Previews for the fun of it. (Farm boy who shoveled a lot of crap years ago.)

Latest chuckle was from a couple of releases ago which would not Restart or Shutdown. (Manual Power Off required.)

A specific KB update fixed that minor issue of crap this week.  Have a good feeling that more laughs will be coming.  :cool:

Windows 10...I never liked the OS. Released unstable like early Vista, constant bloat like 98 to XP, and a horrid start menu. The total installation size for Windows 10 is also absurd compared to all other versions; ISOs for windows 10 are a couple gigabytes while a perfectly updated XP is less than ~700mb and fits on a CD. I've seen modded Windows 10 isos to find that even the smallest isos are 1.8gb. That's VERY tiny for Windows 10 especially.

On 10/21/2019 at 11:30 PM, wimc said:

Cannot recall the details of when I used Windows 10 (been quite awhile ago), that had me looking elsewhere, moved onto using Linux on it and not looking back.

Tell us a bit more about your Linux flavour....;)

bookie32

2 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Tell us a bit more about your Linux flavour....;)

bookie32

Used many distro's over the years and Bodhi Linux suited my needs in every way possible. This is on my primary PC(1).

PC2 (much older computer) has Win XP Pro SP3 on it, is and always be XP.

PC1 came with Windows 10, remember hated everything about it.

Edited by wimc

4 hours ago, wimc said:

Used many distro's over the years and Bodhi Linux suited my needs in every way possible. This is on my primary PC(1).

PC2 (much older computer) has Win XP Pro SP3 on it, is and always be XP.

PC1 came with Windows 10, remember hated everything about it.

Like you have tested many but stick with Debian...hadn't heard about your one though....;)

bookie32

On 10/30/2019 at 5:24 AM, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

ISOs for windows 10 are a couple gigabytes while a perfectly updated XP is less than ~700mb and fits on a CD. I've seen modded Windows 10 isos to find that even the smallest isos are 1.8gb. That's VERY tiny for Windows 10 especially.

actually whole NT6 line was plagued with this, but for a reason :)
in short, all versions (SKU's) were installed on hard drive, all language packs, all components (SxS)
so user didn't had to use installation DVD for things...

but to surprise, i guarantee you that vista and win7 also fit on 700 MB CD with all updates :P
and also if you manually remove from Install WIM, stuff that you really don't need as "power user", you can also shrink install size to ~1.5 GB (this is case for x86, trust me i done it :P)

8 hours ago, vinifera said:

actually whole NT6 line was plagued with this, but for a reason :)
in short, all versions (SKU's) were installed on hard drive, all language packs, all components (SxS)
so user didn't had to use installation DVD for things...

but to surprise, i guarantee you that vista and win7 also fit on 700 MB CD with all updates :P
and also if you manually remove from Install WIM, stuff that you really don't need as "power user", you can also shrink install size to ~1.5 GB (this is case for x86, trust me i done it :P)

The rest of the NT 6 series at least does its job properly:wacko:

Absurd how MS can screw up a perfectly good OS every time.

6 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

The rest of the NT 6 series at least does its job properly:wacko:

Not really. Ran them all, they all have issues.

6 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

A perfectly good OS doesn't exist, not in objective sense at least.

16 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

not absurd if they do it on purpose ...
if they made a "perfectly good OS" they nobody would ever upgrade to next one

Updated from 17763.615 to 17763.832 and after booting into it I noticed several security settings were changed:

• Password must meet complexity requirements: Disabled -> Enabled
  • Administrator and Guest accounts have been enabled
  • Devices: Prevent users from installing printer drivers when connecting to shared printers: Disabled -> Enabled
  • Interactive logon: Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL: Not Defined -> Disabled
  • Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on (this one might have been changed too, not sure)

Users group has lost the following rights:

• Change the time zone
  • Remove computer from docking station
  • Shut down the system

Guest used to be present in the following rights assignments:

• Allow log on locally
  • Deny log on locally (these two are conflicting, so I suppose the result is the same in the end after change)
  • Deny access to this computer from the network

This list is from my memory. Should cover at least 75% changes, I didn't note them down. All settings can be found by launching secpol.msc and navigating to Account Policies and Local Policies.

I removed the old updates in from recovery environment with DISM in reverse order in which they were installed, including SSU update (have to modify some *.mum files to get it removed) and then installed the current ones.

Did I do something wrong or do recent updates always change these things even if you do it the usual way? Nobody is talking about those as far as I'm aware of.

Edited by UCyborg

Welcome to the "Insider Preview" world.  This is the "1809" world.  These sorts of changes have been happening for a long time.  Stay on Win 10 for more exciting happenings.  What was that about the title here?  Oh yes, "Worst Crap Ever."  Some of us enjoy the comedy.  :cool: